A new API proposal: chrome.system.display

Weidong Guo

Dec 1, 2017, 9:15:58 PM12/1/17
to apps...@chromium.org, securit...@chromium.org, Olga Vanieva, Ahmed Fakhry, Mitsuru Oshima, Vladislav Kaznacheev

Chris Palmer

Dec 5, 2017, 6:14:21 PM12/5/17
to Weidong Guo, Mustafa Emre Acer, apps-dev, security-enamel, Olga Vanieva, Ahmed Fakhry, Mitsuru Oshima, Vladislav Kaznacheev
Mustafa, are you a good person to take a look at this from an API security perspective?

Weidong Guo

Dec 11, 2017, 5:51:38 PM12/11/17
to apps...@chromium.org, securit...@chromium.org, Olga Vanieva, Ahmed Fakhry, Mitsuru Oshima, Vladislav Kaznacheev
Is there any update on the review of the API proposal?

Thanks,
Weidong.

Weidong Guo

Dec 13, 2017, 6:15:08 PM12/13/17
to Emily Stark, Eric Lawrence, apps-dev, Security Enamel, Olga Vanieva, Ahmed Fakhry, Mitsuru Oshima, Vladislav Kaznacheev, Olga Vanieva
+ovanieva@
This API is targeting M65, and we are only 10 working days before feature freeze.

On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 2:53 PM, Emily Stark <est...@google.com> wrote:
Eric, could you take a look at this for security, please?

Emily Stark

Dec 13, 2017, 7:09:33 PM12/13/17
to Weidong Guo, Devlin Cronin, Eric Lawrence, apps-dev, Security Enamel, Olga Vanieva, Ahmed Fakhry, Mitsuru Oshima, Vladislav Kaznacheev, Olga Vanieva
I took a quick look and this should be fine for security, though I did leave a comment in the doc requesting screenshots/mocks of the notifications.

Steven Bennetts

Dec 13, 2017, 7:40:51 PM12/13/17
to Emily Stark, Xiyuan Xia, Weidong Guo, Devlin Cronin, Eric Lawrence, apps-dev, Security Enamel, Olga Vanieva, Ahmed Fakhry, Mitsuru Oshima, Vladislav Kaznacheev, Olga Vanieva
lgtm with some comments in the doc.

+xiyuan@

Weidong Guo

Jan 22, 2018, 3:51:24 PM1/22/18
to Steven Bennetts, Emily Stark, Xiyuan Xia, Devlin Cronin, Eric Lawrence, apps-dev, Security Enamel, Olga Vanieva, Ahmed Fakhry, Mitsuru Oshima, Vladislav Kaznacheev, Olga Vanieva
Hi, I landed the implementation CLs:

And the API description is added in the extensions/common/api/system_display.idl

I tried to follow the step 3 in Development Phase here to add documentation in https://developer.chrome.com/apps/system_display#method-setDisplayLayout, but it seems the guidelines are outdated and I could not find html source code for the page. What is the right steps here?

Thanks,
Weidong.

Steven Bennetts

Jan 22, 2018, 3:55:56 PM1/22/18
to Weidong Guo, Emily Stark, Xiyuan Xia, Devlin Cronin, Eric Lawrence, apps-dev, Security Enamel, Olga Vanieva, Ahmed Fakhry, Mitsuru Oshima, Vladislav Kaznacheev, Olga Vanieva
When you update the IDL the public documentation will be updated when  change makes it to stable (I think). I also think there may be a way to view the docuumentation for other channels? There is alos a way to preview the documentation, which I also forget.

Devlin should be able to provide better answers.

Weidong Guo

Jan 22, 2018, 6:16:22 PM1/22/18
+rdevlin.cronin@ for confirmation.

Thanks stevenjb@.