Re: Chrome Web Store: Removal notification for Bit.ly

DS Team

May 23, 2016, 11:01:43 AM5/23/16
to chromewebstor...@google.com, cws-a...@google.com, chromewebst...@google.com, apps...@chromium.org, chromewebs...@google.com
Hi,

No response to this email and the re-public extension was Pending Review, and status is back to "Taken Down" unpublished and no respond over it again even after explaining it and sharing details.

What is going here?  Why this cannot be handled so easily?  Are there humans checking these emails and validating what we republish again?

Other POCs in TO list, can you please throw some light on it?  Everybody is just pissed off about your automated responses and bot's validations!!

- Thanks

On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 3:28 PM, DS Team <dealst...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I am very disappointed to see my genuine and one of the popular useful URL Shortening service taken down for those reasons that are not valid to this application.

Let explain:

1. “Malicious or Bbfuscating”, absolutely NO! All my code is easily readable and does nothing except its one URL shortening service, and everything is human READABLE!

2. “Avoid XHR requests”, we are not making AJAX calls for any Javascript and running it.  We are only making two call: (1). To get secret tokens needed for its API.  (2). To get content/messages to user to improve experience

I have made another round of cleaning up the code and published it again.  Please
check again and let me know if I need to make any changes.

Please DO NOT take it down again without consulting me and let me fix if anything, its been using by many 1000s of users world wide.

- Thank you!

On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 3:47 AM, <chromewebstor...@google.com> wrote:

Dear Developer,

We routinely review items in the Chrome Web Store for compliance with our Program policies to ensure a safe and trusted experience for our users. Your item "Bit.ly" epdgnnildheopikdpdooanjlafgndmmk is being taken down as it currently violates the section of the Developer Program Policy relating to Malicious Products as its obfuscating a part of code. Per our policies, where possible, make as much of your code visible in the package as you can. If some of your app's logic is hidden and it appears to be suspicious, we may remove it."

To have your item reinstated, please make any necessary changes to ensure:

  • All of the files and code are included in the item’s package.
  • All code inside the package is human readable (no obfuscated or minified code).
  • Avoid requesting or executing remotely hosted code (including by referencing remote javascript files or executing code obtained by XHR requests).

Once your item complies with Chrome Web Store policies, you may request re-publication in your developer dashboard. Your item will be manually reviewed for policy compliance which typically takes a few business days, prior to re-publication. If you have any questions about this item’s removal, you may reply to this email and the Chrome Web Store developer support team will follow up with you.

Important Note

Repeated or egregious policy violations in the Chrome Web Store may result in your developer account being suspended. This may also result in the suspension of related Google services associated with your Google account.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Google Chrome Web Store team

Developer Terms of Service: https://developers.google.com/chrome/web-store/terms

Program Policies: https://developers.google.com/chrome/web-store/program_policies

Branding Guidelines: https://developers.google.com/chrome/web-store/branding

Priyanka Barde

Oct 9, 2016, 4:25:13 AM10/9/16
to apps-dev, chromewebstor...@google.com, cws-a...@google.com, chromewebst...@google.com, chromewebs...@google.com
Hi,

Were you able to publish your extension again? If so can you share more information? I am facing the same issue.