chrome.languageSettingsPrivate API Proposal

已查看 1 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Michael Giuffrida

未读,
2015年5月8日 21:21:012015/5/8
收件人 apps-dev、Security Enamel、Shu Chen、Alexander Alekseev、chromium...@chromium.org
Hi apps-dev'ers,

I'm proposing a languageSettingsPrivate API for use by the new material design Settings UI and any other UI/apps that may be interested (e.g. OOBE, Get Help app).

I've worked feedback from shuchen@ and kalman@ into the proposal and the draft IDL.

This is a private API intended for getting and changing language and input method settings.

Thanks!
Michael

Benjamin Kalman

未读,
2015年5月11日 20:10:102015/5/11
收件人 Michael Giuffrida、apps-dev、Security Enamel、Shu Chen、Alexander Alekseev、chromium...@chromium.org
lgtm

Alexander Alekseev

未读,
2015年5月12日 13:10:522015/5/12
收件人 Michael Giuffrida、apps-dev、Security Enamel、Shu Chen、Alexander Alekseev、chromium...@chromium.org
re-sending from @chromium.org .

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 8:09 PM, Alexander Alekseev <ale...@google.com> wrote:
docs.google.com thinks I'm Anonym for whatever reason, so I'd comment here:

Do you know anyone else, internal or external, that is also interested in this API?

OOBE could use this to avoid some chrome.send calls.

This is questionable, as you're proposing Extension API and OOBE is not an extension.
Also, OOBE sometimes (most of the times) is able to switch language immediately on request.
This requires re-initialization of all extensions, so it is probably not suitable for Extension API.

Mustafa Emre Acer

未读,
2015年5月12日 15:43:262015/5/12
收件人 Alexander Alekseev、Michael Giuffrida、apps-dev、Security Enamel、Shu Chen、chromium...@chromium.org
Security lgtm.

Michael Giuffrida

未读,
2015年5月12日 15:49:152015/5/12
收件人 Alexander Alekseev、Michael Giuffrida、apps-dev、Security Enamel、Shu Chen、chromium...@chromium.org
thanks, I've removed that answer. But note that Web UI can be given permissions to call extension APIs, which is how we'll use this in Settings initially..

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 10:09 AM, Alexander Alekseev <ale...@google.com> wrote:
docs.google.com thinks I'm Anonym for whatever reason, so I'd comment here:

Do you know anyone else, internal or external, that is also interested in this API?

OOBE could use this to avoid some chrome.send calls.

This is questionable, as you're proposing Extension API and OOBE is not an extension.
Also, OOBE sometimes (most of the times) is able to switch language immediately on request.
This requires re-initialization of all extensions, so it is probably not suitable for Extension API.
On Sat, May 9, 2015 at 4:20 AM, Michael Giuffrida <mich...@chromium.org> wrote:
回复全部
回复作者
转发