Chrome Web App - In-App Items Limit

Quin Dennis

Apr 4, 2016, 4:08:23 PM4/4/16
to apps-dev
For In-App purchases, is there /what is  the limit for the number of Items that can be put on the store?  I've seen 100 "total", but it isn't clear what counts in the total, whether In-App items count in that total.

Antony Sargent

Apr 4, 2016, 5:00:40 PM4/4/16
to Quin Dennis, apps-dev
https://developer.chrome.com/webstore/payments-iap#create-digital-goods says "You can have up to 100 items (active, inactive, or archived) at any given time." I think the term "items" here is referring to "in-app products that can be purchased"

If you're asking about the limit of the number of "items" that can be put on the store in the sense of extensions, apps, or themes, see https://developer.chrome.com/webstore/faq#faq-gen-29 which states a total limit of 20 (but increases can be requested and are reviewed on a case-by-case basis).

Disclaimer: I work on the chrome client code, so I might not be pointing you at the right answers. To get a definitive answer, you might want to contact webstore developer support at https://support.google.com/chrome_webstore/contact/developer_support

Quin Dennis

Apr 4, 2016, 5:17:57 PM4/4/16
to apps-dev, quind...@gmail.com
Thanks, but, "items" as in apps limit is 20 (this can be extended).  If in-app items limit is 100, can this be extended?  Is this 100 per app (1 of 20) which would be 2000 (20 apps x 100 items)?  Bottom line, for our app we need 300-400 in-app purchasable items.  (Thanks, I do have a question in to developer_support, hope to hear back soon and will post results)

Quin Dennis

Apr 5, 2016, 9:39:11 AM4/5/16
to apps-dev

Hi Quin,

There is no limitation on number of in-app products :)

Please let me know if there's anything I can do for you, I'll be happy to assist!

Cheers!

Yukie

CWS Developer Support