Fwd: USB getUserSelectedDevices - New Chrome API Proposal

Reilly Grant

Jul 14, 2014, 4:47:32 PM7/14/14
to apps...@chromium.org, securit...@chromium.org
I am proposing a new Chrome API that extends the existing USB API to include a function to prompt the user to select a USB device. This is designed for applications where enumerating the list of supported vendor and product IDs in the manifest is impractical:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NtWARiV0JBavA-8bj0Q1pBJSua_2wzyz7php7o0OJ9w/edit?usp=sharing

Sorry for the spam. I'm still learning how to use two different Gmail accounts at the same time and want to make sure the threads get linked properly.

Reilly Grant

Jul 22, 2014, 4:55:56 PM7/22/14
to apps...@chromium.org, securit...@chromium.org
I have updated this proposal to formally include the "allow access to this device in the future" checkbox and include feedback from other comments.

Benjamin Kalman

Jul 23, 2014, 4:32:19 PM7/23/14
to Reilly Grant, apps-dev, security-enamel
lgtm

Ben Wells

Jul 24, 2014, 1:05:21 AM7/24/14
to Benjamin Kalman, Reilly Grant, apps-dev, security-enamel
I've got one outstanding comment (just added) about extending the app info dialog for this. Apart from that I'm happy.

Mustafa Emre Acer

Jul 31, 2014, 6:42:39 PM7/31/14
to Ben Wells, Benjamin Kalman, Reilly Grant, apps-dev, security-enamel
Left two comments, but otherwise security lgtm. I'm excited about this API, thanks for moving it forward.

Reilly Grant

Jul 31, 2014, 8:28:35 PM7/31/14
to Mustafa Emre Acer, Ben Wells, Benjamin Kalman, apps-dev, security-enamel
I accidentally commented on this without logging in so just to confirm for those following along at home: Anonymous is me. ;)

~ Reilly

Dolphin

May 19, 2016, 10:53:27 PM5/19/16
to apps-dev, securit...@chromium.org, rei...@chromium.org
Does this extension still work now? In the latest version of chrome os?Thank you!

Reilly Grant

May 20, 2016, 3:35:00 PM5/20/16
to Dolphin, apps-dev, securit...@chromium.org
Yes, it is working.