Is "runtime_flag" supposed to work for alias?

Koji Ishii

Jun 27, 2017, 10:08:41 AM6/27/17
to style-dev, Quinten Yearsley
Hi all, a novice question.

When CSSProperties.json5 has:
 {
      name: "line-break",
      alias_for: "-webkit-line-break",
      runtime_flag: "CSSLineBreak",
 },
Should this alias be only valid when CSSLineBreak flag is set?

I do not see this alias listed in LayoutTests/virtual/stable/webexposed/css-properties-as-js-properties-expected.txt, but the property seems to work in M58 stable.

I added this alias to import wpt tests by following crbug.com/614955 guidance, but I'm afraid that I intentionally shipped this according to a Japanese stackoverflow article and my own tests, unless I'm mistaken somewhere.

From this, I'm guessing "runtime_flag" is supposed to be ignored for aliases, but experts confirmation would be appreciated.

Eddy Mead

Jun 27, 2017, 11:58:07 PM6/27/17
to Koji Ishii, style-dev, Quinten Yearsley, sh...@chromium.org
Hi Koji,

As per the documentation for runtime_flag in CSSProperties.json5, runtime_flag is not supported for alias_for, sorry :/ I've asked shend@ to make a CL to throw an error if those flags are set together so that we don't accidentally ship something like this again.

In the mean time, what do you want to do with the line-break property?

Cheers,
Eddy

Koji Ishii

Jun 28, 2017, 12:58:51 AM6/28/17
to Eddy Mead, Koji Ishii, style-dev, Quinten Yearsley, sh...@chromium.org
Thank you Eddy for the confirmation, and the plan to avoid this happening again.

Well, we were to unprefix it anyway, so I'll go the post facto intent-to-ship process.

Alan Cutter

Jun 28, 2017, 2:50:46 AM6/28/17
to style-dev, qyea...@chromium.org
Thanks for bringing it to our attention that we don't list property aliases in our webexposed tests!
I have created a patch to fix this: https://chromium-review.googlesource.com/c/551400

PhistucK

Jun 28, 2017, 2:59:43 AM6/28/17
to Alan Cutter, style-dev, Quinten Yearsley
Woo hoo!

PhistucK

Darren Shen

PhistucK

Darren Shen

Eddy Mead

Jun 28, 2017, 3:31:52 AM6/28/17
to Darren Shen, PhistucK, Alan Cutter, style-dev, Quinten Yearsley
Yep, AFAICT it seems to be the only one.

Woo hoo!

PhistucK