Does quiche consider the privacy problem when generating NEW_CONNECIONID_FRAME?

孔令涛

Dec 14, 2021, 9:23:10 PM12/14/21
to QUIC Prototype Protocol Discussion group
Following is the screenshot of  the dump of   "lsquic <-> www.google.com" ,
we can see two CIDs: "0b38xxx" and "0c38xxx"  assigned to the same quic session,
the observer will link the two CIDs when client doing migration.

google.png

David Schinazi

Dec 15, 2021, 10:35:59 AM12/15/21
to QUIC Prototype Protocol Discussion group
We are aware of the issue and plan on fixing it in the future, but we don't have a timeline we can share at this time.

David

Zhenliang Liao

Jul 10, 2022, 11:24:57 PM7/10/22
to QUIC Prototype Protocol Discussion group, dschina...@gmail.com
       what the connection ID supposed to be? stay the same DCID when client migrated from different network interface or change CID with new path challenge?