Proposal for addition of Privacy Screen hardware feature in tast

Vishal Chaudhary

Jul 20, 2021, 4:12:54 AM7/20/21
to infra-dev, Sergey Poromov, Aya Elsayed

Hello infra-dev team,
I am Vishal Chaudhary student in GSoC program, currently working on writing tests for DLP policy in tast framework.
DLP policy contains privacy screen restrictions, the test for it is written HERE, although the test will require privacy screen hardware feature as discussed HERE

Privacy screen hardware dependency can be used in four (I was able to find) policies test:
  • DeviceLoginScreenPrivacyScreenEnabled
  • PrivacyScreenEnabled
  • DataLeakPreventionRulesList - privacy screen restriction
  • DataLeakPreventionReportingEnabled - privacy screen restriction
I would like to propose  change to the schema (config/api/topology.proto) in the CL HERE

Kindly review the CL and approve it.

With Regards,
Vishal Chaudhary

Related Links :-

PS: Added my mentors in Cc as Google contact

Takuto Ikuta

Jul 20, 2021, 4:43:32 AM7/20/21
to Vishal Chaudhary, infra-dev, Sergey Poromov, Aya Elsayed
Hi Vishal,

I think people in this ML don't know much about Tast/chromium os related codebase.
chromium-os-dev might be a better place for such things or why not ask review to owners?