PRESUBMIT checks’ non-inclusive parameters will be removed on February 1st 2021.

Normando Rosas

Nov 19, 2020, 1:16:12 PM11/19/20

Bcc: infra-a...@chromium.org

Hello all,

tl;dr PRESUBMIT checks’ non-inclusive parameters will be removed on February 1st 2021.

As previously shared, the ChOps Source added a new set of more inclusively named parameters to our presubmit API, and warnings are being issued when the old [deprecated] non-inclusive parameters are still being used. On February 1st 2021, we will remove the non-inclusive parameters; if you are still using them please plan accordingly to move to the new set as soon as possible.

As a reminder, here is the overview of relevant changes (diff input_api, diff canned_checks):

Changes in constant names

input_api.DEFAULT_WHITE_LIST -> input_api.DEFAULT_FILES_TO_CHECK

input_api.DEFAULT_BLACK_LIST -> input_api.DEFAULT_FILES_TO_SKIP

Changes in named parameters

input_api.FilterSourceFile, white_list -> files_to_check, black_list -> files_to_skip

input_api.canned_checks.GetUnitTestsInDirectory, whitelist -> files_to_check, blacklist -> files_to_skip

input_api.canned_checks.GetUnitTestsRecursively, whitelist -> files_to_check, blacklist -> files_to_skip

input_api.canned_checks.GetPylint, white_list -> files_to_check, black_list -> files_to_skip

- Chops source team

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 11:41 AM Josip Sokcevic <sokc...@google.com> wrote:

Hi all,

tl;dr Please update your PRESUBMIT checks to use the new API parameters by September 15th.

In order to align with Inclusive Chromium Code, we recently added inclusive parameters to our presubmit API. Note that old parameter names are still available, but we plan to remove them by the end of Q3 2020. We will start issuing warnings when old parameters are used in early August.

Here is overview of relevant changes (diff input_api, diff canned_checks):

Changes in constant names

input_api.DEFAULT_ALLOW_LIST -> input_api.DEFAULT_FILES_TO_CHECK

http://groups.google.com/a/google.com/group/chrome-infrastructure-announce
WARNING: Replies should be sent to chrome-infras...@google.com