PluginData in chrome.browsingData will become a no-op

Christian Dullweber

Oct 21, 2020, 7:50:35 AM10/21/20
to Chromium Extensions
As part of removing Flash support in M88, we are deprecating the chrome.browsingData.removePluginData and DataTypeSet.pluginData APIs in the same release.  Calling removePluginData() or remove() with pluginData specified will be a no-op. The chrome.browsingData.settings API will return false for dataToRemove.pluginData. They will be removed in a future release.

Jackie Han

Jan 21, 2021, 1:57:39 AM1/21/21
to Christian Dullweber, Chromium Extensions
Christian,

Except plugin data, I noticed Application Cache (AppCache) will be removed in Chrome 90. So 'chrome.browsingData.removeAppcache' method will also be removed or do no action at that time, right?

On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 7:50 PM Christian Dullweber <dull...@chromium.org> wrote:
As part of removing Flash support in M88, we are deprecating the chrome.browsingData.removePluginData and DataTypeSet.pluginData APIs in the same release.  Calling removePluginData() or remove() with pluginData specified will be a no-op. The chrome.browsingData.settings API will return false for dataToRemove.pluginData. They will be removed in a future release.

韩国恺(Jackie)

Christian Dullweber

Jan 21, 2021, 4:33:09 AM1/21/21
to Jackie Han, pwn...@chromium.org, Chromium Extensions
I don't know how the Appcache deprecation will be handled. I assume the methods will become no-ops as well.
pwnall@, do you know what is planned?