New Support Option for Web Store Developers

Message has been deleted

joem...@chromium.org

Oct 28, 2014, 4:55:43 PM10/28/14
to chromium-...@chromium.org
Dear Chrome Extension, Web Store, and App developers:

To better answer your questions and get you the support you need, we have opened up a form for web store developer support issues on the Chrome Web Store FAQ page under Additional Troubleshooting. If you run into store problems and you have fixed all errors produced by the tools and continue to experience issues, please use this form contact us with any additional details regarding the problem.

In addition, please note that we plan to deprecate this forum as a support channel in the coming weeks. We will be monitoring the forum for support issues in the meantime, but we would like to transition the support model to Stack Overflow for technical questions and the new support form for store-related issues. We will make a further announcement in the future about this.

Thanks for your patience during this period of transition.

Best Regards,
Chrome Web Store Support

Dylan Myers

Oct 31, 2014, 7:51:38 AM10/31/14
to joem...@chromium.org, Chromium-extensions
To be honest, this never really was an official support channel, as the only real support came from other users (PhiStuck being a great example of an honorable user), and sometimes ending in tears. Most posts were people wondering why their extension has been removed, which is still a major issue as the transparency is non-existent with Google. I'm guessing with this new form, the only difference will be that other developers won't see it happening, at least.

Thanks, anyway.
-Dylan

Rob Wu

Nov 7, 2014, 2:04:44 PM11/7/14
to chromium-...@chromium.org
Does "deprecate" mean "mark the forum as read-only" or "formally rescind support from Google in this forum"?
How about chromium-apps@?
I hope that at least one of them will stay, because it is the only place to reach developers via PSAs, and Stack Overflow is not suitable for all kinds of questions.

Kind regards,
 Rob

PhistucK

Nov 7, 2014, 3:10:25 PM11/7/14
to Rob Wu, Chromium-extensions
No, not read only, the original post says support issues will be answered here in the meantime.
chromium-apps is deprecated as well.

PhistucK

Ziink

Dec 10, 2014, 1:21:24 PM12/10/14
to chromium-...@chromium.org
Is the new support option being monitored?

I've apparently published my extension but cannot get to my listing by searching the Chrome Web Store any which way I try. It's been a few days since I used the 'new support option' but don't know if it actually reached anybody. So should I just wait some more or should I post the issue on this forum?

Xan

Dec 15, 2014, 11:48:23 AM12/15/14
to chromium-...@chromium.org
"Chrome Web Store Item URL or Item ID" is marked as a required field.
What if there is a problem that does not have an item ID connected to it? Like, a Store-wide problem or a problem with initial upload?

John Baër

Jan 8, 2015, 1:51:19 PM1/8/15
to chromium-...@chromium.org
I have the same issue. Did you manage to resolve it ?

Sandie G

Jan 9, 2015, 5:12:57 PM1/9/15
to chromium-...@chromium.org
Yes, we are actively monitoring the new support option. Ziink, John, please let me know if you still have not received a response.

Xan, you can just type NA in that required field for now.

Marc Fawzi

Jan 10, 2015, 2:01:21 PM1/10/15
to Dylan Myers, joem...@chromium.org, Chromium-extensions
Dylan is right. This is a bullshit move as far as transparency goes. But does Apple do better for their app store? I don't think so. They will all hurt themselves in the long run.

Mohammad AlBanna

Feb 3, 2015, 12:31:04 PM2/3/15
to chromium-...@chromium.org, joem...@chromium.org
I'm fully agreed with you! The extension has been taken down please return to email, the email gives you nothing...go to this forum without any luck...contact them in their forum then nothing exept the same message "Please return to the email"!

CWS support team is the worst, a lot of extensions have been taken down for trivial reasons and not understandable, when you ask them why? Where? The file name or line number of the problem and like general companies work and do you got nothing!

While I'm writing this response I've a problem in one of my extensions because it uses Google API! They said something is hidden in the logic and I said the hidden part is yours! Until now I'm waiting answers and nothing and I don't know where to go!

This is a shame itself in Google and their support of CWS.

Regards,
Mohammad.

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 8:55 PM, joem...@chromium.org <joem...@chromium.org> wrote:
[...]

remona

May 11, 2015, 1:23:10 AM5/11/15
to chromium-...@chromium.org
Dear Developer,

Your Google Chrome item, "AGE verydate," with ID: ondhdaabdipfpfaigbpnimfoocbilkln did not comply with our program policies and was removed from the Google Chrome Web Store.

The Program Policies can be found here: https://developers.google.com/chrome/web-store/program_policies

If you'd like to re-submit your item, please make the appropriate changes to the item so that it complies with our policies, then re-publish it in your developer dashboard. Please reply to this email for issues regarding this item removal.

*Please keep in mind that your re-submitted item will not be immediately published live in the store. All re-submitted items undergo a strict compliance review and will be re-published if the item passes review.

*Important Note
Repeated or egregious violations in the store may result in your developer account being banned from the store. This may also result in the suspension of related Google services associated with your Google account. All re-submitted items will continue to be subject to Chrome Web Store policies and terms of service.

Thank you for your cooperation,
Google Chrome Web Store team

I need help on this:
Extension of me very clear and easy to read:
- Its function is to add Fixed a 'DIV' on sites and a link directly to sites such .js
//********
var script = document.createElement('SCRIPT');
script.src = link;

document.head.appendChild(script);

******//

I do not know this or that influential people with the materials I rejected
I really needed a help

Cristal Iracheta

Jun 4, 2015, 7:48:40 PM6/4/15
to chromium-...@chromium.org, joem...@chromium.org

El viernes, 31 de octubre de 2014, 05:51:38 (GMT-6), Dylan Myers escribio:
Para ser honesto, esto nunca fue un canal oficial de apoyo, como el único verdadero apoyo provino de otros usuarios (PhiStuck ser un gran ejemplo de un usuario honorable), y, a veces termina en lágrimas. La mayoría de los mensajes eran gente que se pregunta por qué su extensión ha sido retirado, que sigue siendo un problema importante como la transparencia es inexistente con Google. Supongo que con esta nueva forma, la única diferencia será que otros desarrolladores no van a ver que pasa, por lo menos.

Gracias de cualquier manera.
-Dylan

El mar, 28 de octubre 2014 a las 8:55 de la tarde, JOEM ... @ chromium.org < JOEM ... @ chromium.org > escribió:
Estimado Chrome Extensión, Web Store y App desarrolladores:

Para responder mejor a sus preguntas y obtener el apoyo que necesita, hemos abierto un formulario para problemas de soporte tienda web de desarrolladores en la  página de preguntas frecuentes de Chrome Web Store bajo Solución de problemas adicionales . Si se encuentra con problemas de tienda y que haya solucionado todos los errores producidos por las herramientas y continuar experimentando problemas, por favor, utilice este formulario de contacto con nosotros para cualquier información adicional en relación con el problema.

Además, tenga en cuenta que tenemos la intención de despreciar este foro como un canal de soporte en las próximas semanas. Estaremos monitoreando el foro de problemas de soporte técnico, mientras tanto, pero nos gustaría hacer la transición del modelo de apoyo a Stack Overflow para preguntas técnicas y la nueva forma de apoyo para las cuestiones relacionadas en tiendas. Vamos a hacer un anuncio en el futuro acerca de esto.

Gracias por su paciencia durante este período de transición.

Atentamente,
Soporte Chrome Web Store

-
Has recibido este mensaje porque estás suscrito a los Grupos de Google "cromo-extensions" grupo.
Para cancelar la suscripción a este grupo y dejar de recibir correos electrónicos de ella, envía un correo electrónico a cromo-extensions + unsub...@chromium.org .
Para publicar una entrada en este grupo, enviar correo electrónico al cromo -... @ cromo. org .
visita el grupo en http://groups.google.com/a/ chromium.org/group/chromium- extensiones / .
Para ver esta discusión en la web más opciones, visita https://groups.google.com/a/ chromium.org/d/optout .

Mohammad AlBanna

Jul 12, 2015, 11:18:35 AM7/12/15
to chromium-...@chromium.org
And now CWS team not responding on their contact form, take down the extensions and then disappeared. Well done.

James

Nov 11, 2015, 3:46:37 PM11/11/15
to Chromium-extensions
Dear Chrome Extension, Web Store, and App developers:

We announced over a year ago that we would be making this forum read-only and transitioning our support model to Stack Overflow (google-chrome-appgoogle-chrome-extension) for technical questions and a support form for Chrome Web Store related issues.  Our engineers and support team are now actively answering and monitoring questions from these new channels.

Now the time has come for us to follow through on our transition. We will be turning this forum into read-only on November 23, 2015.

Thanks again for all your patience.

Best Regards,
Chrome Web Store Support

James

Nov 23, 2015, 4:26:11 PM11/23/15
to Chromium-extensions
This forum is now read-only.

Going forward, please post all your technical questions to Stack Overflow (google-chrome-appgoogle-chrome-extension) and use the support form for Chrome Web Store related issues.

Best regards,
Chrome Web Store Support

عامر احمد

Feb 23, 2016, 10:32:01 AM2/23/16
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce

DS Team

Feb 23, 2016, 1:21:11 PM2/23/16
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
Hi Joem/CWSTeam,

Who, When and How exactly Google/CWS Team planning to resolve and settle these notorious issues?

- Too many app rejections
- Unpredictable timeliness over apps publishing and updates
- Rejections without valid or baseless reasons
- Too many errors  by your smart-less bots validating apps/extensions` operations of publish and updates
- Inconsistency of your appeal justifications among same/multiple apps of same developers
- Real plan of identifying legit code and STOP rejecting apps those have no malicious code
- Better refined definition of your policies, specially "Single Purpose", "Malicious Code", and few other top ones

Please just compile this and other relevant groups on Chrome apps/extensions and asses the quality of your services, operations and support on all these.  Based on my observation, I think most of them have very bad impression, pathetic experience on most of these services/issues/aspects.  CWS Team should really need to resolve these problems and issues as soon as possible.  It should be an embarrassing situation over not being able to address these issues and having inconsistencies at almost every level and in your every support in all these.

Please understand every concern, refine your T&Cs, put smart solutions and help both the developer and user community.

- Thanks

Pavel Tile

Mar 5, 2016, 9:47:45 PM3/5/16
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
Hi DS Team,

I'm completely with you! Such a brilliant list to fix. I'm in the fight with my 2 extensions right now:
1. http://tilepad.co(https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/jglhlhdkfaejllkkbcolnkcehcnpcjpf) - They've removed it from the CWS on Feb 14th and sent me something really not related to my extension.
They argue that my extension has ads but it is not true. I don't use any ads at all.
Apparently I correspond with robots but I'm not going to give up! The user base of that extension is pretty tiny (30 people only) but I think it's a matter of principle.
I have some ideas about how to attract the Google's decision-makers attention to the CWS problem.

2. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/leprosorium-on-steroids/hkmfjcihoiailllcblejlhgaeedaephl - They've banned my other extension today (3K weekly users).
The reason is:
--8<--
"Where possible, make as much of your code visible in the package as you can. If some of your app's logic is hidden and it appears to be suspicious, we may remove it."
If you'd like to re-submit your item, please make appropriate changes to the item so that it complies with our policies, then re-publish it in your developer dashboard. Please reply to this email for issues regarding this item removal.

*Please keep in mind that your re-submitted item will not be immediately published live in the store. All re-submitted items undergo a strict compliance review and will be re-published if the item passes review.
--8<--

I don't use any uglify/minify processors for my extension source code. I don't load any external JS libs. I use only minified version of popular libraries: jQuery, moment, mousetrap, etc. So I have replaced all these libraries to unminified versions and just resubmit it. I want to see what they respond. Anyway I don't understand why they couldn't calculate MD5/SHA1 for popular libraries and compare it with libraries inside my extension. If calculated checksums are equal then they should let me use it.

It's pretty clear that something hardly broken in Google/CWS Team process If all these issues can be fixed by email to your friend in Google.
See for example uBlock issue: https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/issues/880 it explains a lot.
Unfortunately I don't have friends at Google.

Regards,
Pavel.

หนึ่ง Babyblock

Apr 26, 2016, 11:17:46 PM4/26/16
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce

iurban

Jul 7, 2016, 3:31:38 AM7/7/16
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
I have uploaded a new version of a chrome extension I'm developing and it said that it should be published in around 60 min, but It had passed about 14 h and I still don't get my extesion published. Is there a problem with the revision system?

wax miguel

Jul 22, 2016, 1:44:54 AM7/22/16
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce

Poodis Niam

Sep 14, 2016, 1:21:40 AM9/14/16
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce

เมื่อ วันพุธที่ 29 ตุลาคม ค.ศ. 2014 3 นาฬิกา 55 นาที 43 วินาที UTC+7, joem...@chromium.org เขียนว่า:

Jyiln Piim

Oct 1, 2016, 9:27:51 PM10/1/16
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
เมื่อ วันพุธที่ 29 ตุลาคม ค.ศ. 2014 3 นาฬิกา 55 นาที 43 วินาที UTC+7, joem...@chromium.org เขียนว่า:
ฝบ่ชฝ

alex quacker

Mar 10, 2017, 5:38:48 AM3/10/17
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
hi every one google suspended me 5 account for 25$ with same reason malware plicy, and didn't give me any response different from the first response so i propose to create an facebook page to go to justice against google.

terrific

Mar 27, 2017, 10:19:02 AM3/27/17
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
Thanks, I have submitted a ticket and got a confirmation email.
However, in the email I received a link to http://govind.clickdesk.com/agent/.... which requires an "agent login". I used my gmail credentials but couldn't login and there is nowhere to signup.
How can I view my ticket?

Brian T. Nakamoto

Mar 28, 2017, 7:07:14 PM3/28/17
On Monday, March 27, 2017 at 7:19:02 AM UTC-7, terrific wrote:
Thanks, I have submitted a ticket and got a confirmation email.
However, in the email I received a link to http://govind.clickdesk.com/agent/.... which requires an "agent login". I used my gmail credentials but couldn't login and there is nowhere to signup.
How can I view my ticket?

Are you sure you received a valid email from the Google Chrome Web Store team, as opposed to one trying to phish your Google credentials?

-Brian
(doesn't work for G)

Particle

Apr 7, 2017, 2:49:04 AM4/7/17
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
I have contacted the Webstore via the form in the mentioned thread three times already, but I have never received a reply back explaining why my extension has been taken down and why it remains down after changing name (which I was told by other users that it could be the reason for the take down, other than that there was no possible reason).

It has been three days now, I have yet to receive any explanation whatsoever and more users are finding their extension gone from their browser and their respective extension settings as well as a result of this situation.

This is not right, what the Webstore team is doing isn't right.

Benjamin Bytheway

Apr 12, 2017, 4:25:38 PM4/12/17
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce, shadowom...@gmail.com
I have a similar situation.  I have been trying to figure out why my extension was rejected for over 2 months!!!

I have over 1,300 current users of the extension and it was now just taken down!

To make everything completely worse, my developer account recently got suspended.  Could someone please help me out?

Brian T. Nakamoto

Apr 12, 2017, 7:53:28 PM4/12/17
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce, shadowom...@gmail.com
Hi Benjamin,

Google no longer officially monitors this Google Group. The best way to open a dialog with the Chrome Web Store team is to reply to their emails. If you didn't receive an email, you can try using their help form. If it's been over 2 months since you've heard anything, you might want to consider opening a new account, and avoid whatever Google objected to in their suspension email.

Good luck!

praveen

Apr 24, 2017, 8:28:45 PM4/24/17
to Benjamin Bytheway, Chromium-Extensions-Announce, shadowom...@gmail.com
Hi Benjamin,

Google may also suspend an account if an extension has assembly file like .exe.
Your extension contains anything like that?
If so try to remove that and republish it. Because I faced a situation like that.

Regards,
Praveen Kumar.

David G

Jun 26, 2017, 1:10:47 AM6/26/17
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
Can you post the correct Stack Channel for support if it has been created thanks

PhistucK

Jun 26, 2017, 1:29:31 AM6/26/17
to David G, Chromium-Extensions-Announce
Just tag your question with the google-chrome-extension tag.

PhistucK

David G

Jun 27, 2017, 10:14:19 AM6/27/17
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
Hi joem
 Just wondering if you can tell me  if its allowed to buy an existing chrome store extension, the dev has let it sit there and i want to buy it  but i am not sure if its allowed thanks for your help in advance, i know ur probably super busy btw to thanks

PhistucK

Jun 27, 2017, 11:32:35 AM6/27/17
to David G, Chromium-Extensions-Announce
What do you mean by buying? Do you want to buy the ownership of the extension from the original owner and transfer the extension entry in the web store to be under your name?
The buying/selling aspect of this would be handled by you and the author, outside of the store (there is no extension ownership buying/selling mechanism in the store) and when this is done, you can request a web store entry ownership transfer using this form -

PhistucK

David G

Jun 27, 2017, 8:11:23 PM6/27/17
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce, dav...@thecreativeeffect.com
Hi Phistuck

Thanks so much for your reply its greatly appreciated, you answered exactly what i was trying to find out how to buy and transfer the extension to myself, i dont know who you are but you seem to be answering a lot of questions here so i hope you work for google or chromium or at least there paying you :), If there not paying you and you dont work for them do you have a buy me a coffee button?, if not when you get one let me know
Thanks David

On Wednesday, October 29, 2014 at 6:55:43 AM UTC+10, joem...@chromium.org wrote:
[...]

洪銘佑

Oct 16, 2017, 4:35:52 AM10/16/17
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
joem...@chromium.org於 2014年10月29日星期三 UTC+8上午4時55分43秒寫道:

洪銘佑

Oct 16, 2017, 4:36:56 AM10/16/17
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce

Gau 3ông Huyen 4nh

Dec 14, 2017, 11:57:33 AM12/14/17
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
google.com

Vào 03:55:43 UTC+7 Thứ Tư, ngày 29 tháng 10 năm 2014, joem...@chromium.org đã viết:
WikiStart.txt

9ine1...@gmail.com

Jun 26, 2018, 8:02:50 AM6/26/18
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
Dear PhistucK,

You seem to be very experimented & apparently I think you could answer a question I'm asking myself :
https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/#!topic/chromium-extensions/G4zt-rRfsMc

Thank you for you help,
Matteo

Francois Devatine

Jul 6, 2018, 3:24:51 AM7/6/18
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce, joem...@chromium.org
The support page is broken https://support.google.com/chrome_webstore/contact/developer_support/?hl=en
It can not upload files, and keeps showing errors when trying to do so.

It would be good that the managing team can take a look and fix this issue, thanks,

Francois Devatine

joem...@chromium.org於 2014年10月29日星期三 UTC+8上午4時55分43秒寫道:

Hagen Dittmer

Jul 8, 2018, 9:27:47 PM7/8/18
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce, joem...@chromium.org
+1 that - can't get support if the form don't work.
Please either fix the file upload or make it non-mandatory.

Sumeet Agrawal

Jul 9, 2018, 12:10:25 AM7/9/18
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce, joem...@chromium.org

Unable to attach a file while contacting support and it just keeps repeatedly saying that 'File upload failed, please try again'. Doesn't mention why it failed

James Wagner

Jul 9, 2018, 2:16:23 PM7/9/18
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce, joem...@chromium.org
Hi All,

James from the extensions team here - this was due to a backend issue in the Google support center. A temporary server fix has been pushed to unblock file uploads while the root cause is addressed. Can you please try re-submitting?

puja...@gmail.com

Jul 9, 2018, 3:19:16 PM7/9/18
to chromium-...@chromium.org
BitBounce

Hello! I use a new email filtering service called BitBounce to filter my email. To deliver your email to my inbox, please click the button below and pay the small cryptocurrency fee. Thank you!

$0.05 to deliver your email.

We’ve never met — I’ll pay your fee.

I know you — Add me to your whitelist.

BitBounce is powered by
 the Credo cryptocurrency

I’m from a business —
what are my delivery options

BitBounce and Credo are
transacted through CredoEx

Made by Turing Technology Inc. in San Mateo, California Sign Up for BitBounce

Arpan Shah

Aug 2, 2018, 1:02:00 AM8/2/18
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce, joem...@chromium.org
Hello,

I tried to reach out for an issue using the Form. Never heard back from the team. Should I wait for more time? Is there any other way to contact where we can call/email and talk to someone who can help us solve the issue.

Thanks,
Arpan Shah

markre...@gmail.com

Aug 11, 2018, 11:52:32 PM8/11/18
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce, joem...@chromium.org
Message has been deleted

Aeryn Quarmby

Jul 30, 2020, 7:52:55 AM7/30/20
to Chromium Extensions, joem...@chromium.org
Hi,

There is a competitor spamming our company extension on the google chrome store.

I have contacted multiple google chrome support agents and received no responses.
I have also submitted the review as spam and it's be over two months now and it still has not been removed.

This is related to this extension with the spam review >> https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/xion-wallet/dacfkmlnegfmibbeabdomhahgjoipoln

There needs to be an ability to remove spammer reviews because it is drastically affecting our download rates and user confidence.

Best Regards,
Aeryn