Privacy policy

אולה יאסינובי

Dec 26, 2020, 11:54:26 AM12/26/20
to Chromium Extensions
Hello

We developed a radio exstension with live radio stream.
After trying 2 times to download it to the store we got rejection because of this reason:
  • If your Product handles personal or sensitive user data, then your Product must post a privacy policy. (learn more)
What can be the sensitive user data we have ?

Will appreciate any help.

Thanks.
Message has been deleted

PhistucK

Dec 27, 2020, 6:18:00 AM12/27/20
to אולה יאסינובי, Chromium Extensions
Without seeing code, it is pretty hard to tell, but are you loading external pages (for example, a page that contains HTML/JavaScript/CSS that shows the player/streams)?
If so, they might store/read cookies and so on. Cookies probably need a privacy policy.

PhistucK

אולה יאסינובי

Dec 30, 2020, 12:27:06 AM12/30/20
to Chromium Extensions, PhistucK, Chromium Extensions, אולה יאסינובי‎
Hi all

We have been rejected for 3 times already, we do not handle any delicate information and not external codes.
Here is our manifest I will be happy to any help with this w don't know what else to do the extension is only playing radio

{
  "name": "כאן",
  "version": "1.0",
  "description": "Listen in background to Kan channels",
  "manifest_version": 2,
  "browser_action": {

    "default_title": "כאן - תחנות רדיו בישדור חי",
    "default_popup": "index.html"
  },
  "background": {
    "scripts": ["analytics.js", "jquery-3.5.1.min.js", "background.js"]
  },
  "content_security_policy": "script-src 'self' https://www.google-analytics.com; object-src 'self'",
  "permissions": [
    "https://*.kan.org.il/",
    "alarms"
  ],

  "icons": {
    "16": "icons/main/16.png",
    "48": "icons/main/48.png",
    "128": "icons/main/128.png"
  }

ב-יום ראשון, 27 בדצמבר 2020 בשעה 13:18:00 UTC+2, PhistucK כתב/ה:

Browser Extenstion

Dec 30, 2020, 1:24:15 AM12/30/20
to Chromium Extensions, ol...@kan.org.il, PhistucK, Chromium Extensions
Try to change:
"permissions": [
    "https://*.kan.org.il/*",
    "alarms"
  ],

Jackie Han

Dec 30, 2020, 1:52:22 AM12/30/20
to אולה יאסינובי, Chromium Extensions
Hi,

If your Product handles personal or sensitive user data, then your Product must post a privacy policy.

For this rejected statement, because you use host permission, you need to add a privacy policy link in CWS developer dashboard ( Account -> profile -> privacy policy).

韩国恺(Jackie)

אולה יאסינובי

Dec 30, 2020, 1:54:41 AM12/30/20
to Chromium Extensions, Jackie Han, Chromium Extensions, אולה יאסינובי‎
what is host permission ? we do not handle any peroneal or sensitive data...

ב-יום רביעי, 30 בדצמבר 2020 בשעה 08:52:22 UTC+2, Jackie Han כתב/ה:

Jackie Han

Dec 30, 2020, 2:01:16 AM12/30/20
to אולה יאסינובי, Chromium Extensions
  "permissions": [
    "https://*.kan.org.il/"
  ],
Above is a host permission, so you can access that site's data (not limited by CORS).  Also, you use "analytics.js". So you need to add a privacy link. Privacy policy is a statement, that you publicly tell people that you do not handle any personal or sensitive data.
--
韩国恺(Jackie)

אולה יאסינובי

Jan 4, 2021, 6:26:42 AM1/4/21
to Chromium Extensions, Jackie Han, Chromium Extensions, אולה יאסינובי‎
Thank you all- we tried and again we was rejected not the reason is that we link to a page which is not a privacy policy so I have question :
1- We removed the Analytics do we still need a privacy policy as we do not handle any information
2- Is the privacy policy need to be in English or local language

Thank you in advance.

ב-יום רביעי, 30 בדצמבר 2020 בשעה 09:01:16 UTC+2, Jackie Han כתב/ה:

PhistucK

Jan 4, 2021, 6:30:52 AM1/4/21
to אולה יאסינובי, Chromium Extensions, Jackie Han
Others have noted that since you use host permissions, which may have cookie interaction, you probably still need a privacy policy.

I would assume that it would be good if the privacy policy is served in every language that your extension supports (localized).

PhistucK

Jackie Han

Jan 4, 2021, 7:34:28 AM1/4/21
to אולה יאסינובי, Chromium Extensions
I just noticed that you are the owner of that website. Therefore, if you don't need to insert code when user visit it, you can set CORS header on your server to allow your extension to access its data, like this:

access-control-allow-origin: chrome-extension://your_extension_id

After adding this http header, you can remove the host permission.

Also you can verify you are the site owner on Google search console, this may help.

--
韩国恺(Jackie)

אולה יאסינובי

Jan 11, 2021, 4:56:36 PM1/11/21
to Chromium Extensions, Jackie Han, Chromium Extensions, אולה יאסינובי‎
Hi all

Thanks for all your help

Still with the same issue trying to verify our radio extension
We did have the console connected to the web site and we did published the privacy policy but still rejected and I don't really understand why

What next ?

Please help

ב-יום שני, 4 בינואר 2021 בשעה 14:34:28 UTC+2, Jackie Han כתב/ה:

PhistucK

Jan 11, 2021, 7:25:10 PM1/11/21
to אולה יאסינובי, Chromium Extensions, Jackie Han
Did you try replying to the rejection e-mail?
After a few attempts, you might get a human response.
Also, make sure that the privacy policy URL is accessible outside of Israel.

PhistucK

Simeon Vincent

Jan 12, 2021, 12:36:30 AM1/12/21
to Chromium Extensions, PhistucK, Chromium Extensions, Jackie Han, ol...@kan.org.il
Can you share the extension ID? With that I can look into this to see what exactly is going on with review.

Cheers,

Simeon - @dotproto
Chrome Extensions DevRel

אולה יאסינובי

Jan 12, 2021, 12:43:52 AM1/12/21
to Chromium Extensions, Simeon Vincent, PhistucK, Chromium Extensions, Jackie Han, אולה יאסינובי‎
Yes of course the id is  malcldkhojjdohmhhnognefoafofdaek
  As I mention before it is a radio stream extension when the host permissions are our own because we own the site we use
We also added a full privacy policy (Hebrew+English versions) although I am not sure we handle any user sensitive or any information

I will be happy to any help with this in order to get confirmed

Thanks!
Ola

ב-יום שלישי, 12 בינואר 2021 בשעה 07:36:30 UTC+2, Simeon Vincent כתב/ה:

Simeon Vincent

Jan 12, 2021, 1:10:25 AM1/12/21
to Chromium Extensions, ol...@kan.org.il, Simeon Vincent, PhistucK, Chromium Extensions, Jackie Han
As others suspected the problem is with your privacy policy. Document that you currently link to is your terms of use, not a privacy policy.

Per Wikipedia, a "privacy policy is a statement or legal document (in privacy law) that discloses some or all of the ways a party gathers, uses, discloses, and manages a customer or client's data. … In the case of a business, it is often a statement that declares a party's policy on how it collects, stores, and releases personal information it collects. It informs the client what specific information is collected, and whether it is kept confidential, shared with partners, or sold to other firms or enterprises."

Cheers,

Simeon - @dotproto
Chrome Extensions DevRel

אולה יאסינובי

Jan 12, 2021, 1:13:40 AM1/12/21
to Chromium Extensions, Simeon Vincent, אולה יאסינובי, PhistucK, Chromium Extensions, Jackie Han
Thanks a lot for the answer

  We added a privacy policy at the last version of the extension
those are the links

Hebrew

https://www.kan.org.il/Item/?itemId=97736

English

ב-יום שלישי, 12 בינואר 2021 בשעה 08:10:25 UTC+2, Simeon Vincent כתב/ה:

Simeon Vincent

Jan 12, 2021, 1:34:00 AM1/12/21
to Chromium Extensions, ol...@kan.org.il, Simeon Vincent, PhistucK, Chromium Extensions, Jackie Han
It doesn't look like the privacy policy link has been updated, but I may be looking at stale data. Just in case, please verify that you've updated the privacy policy link in your developer dashboard. Changes on this page are not automatically saved – you will need to click the "Save changes" button at the bottom of the document to persist them.

pp-link.png

Cheers,

Simeon - @dotproto
Chrome Extensions DevRel

אולה יאסינובי

Jan 12, 2021, 9:21:15 AM1/12/21
to Chromium Extensions, Simeon Vincent, אולה יאסינובי, PhistucK, Chromium Extensions, Jackie Han
Thank you sent it again

ב-יום שלישי, 12 בינואר 2021 בשעה 08:34:00 UTC+2, Simeon Vincent כתב/ה:

אולה יאסינובי

Jan 14, 2021, 3:24:47 AM1/14/21
to Chromium Extensions, אולה יאסינובי, Simeon Vincent, PhistucK, Chromium Extensions, Jackie Han
Oh no rejected again :((((((
  • Ensure your privacy policy contains details about user data collection, handling, storage and sharing. Omission of any section is not allowed.
Please help me what we need to do , what can we do ? what are our options?

Our privacy policy have all the legal details

Thanks
ב-יום שלישי, 12 בינואר 2021 בשעה 16:21:15 UTC+2, אולה יאסינובי כתב/ה: