Chromium will now require the 10.15 SDK to compile on the Mac

Avi Drissman

Feb 3, 2020, 2:41:27 PM2/3/20
to Chromium-dev, Chromium Embedders
Last week, the Chromium Mac bots were updated to use the 10.15 SDK to compile. It has stuck, and so we're continuing on. I'm planning to land https://crrev.com/c/2033986 which will require the 10.15 SDK. Because the 10.15 SDK comes with Xcode 11, this will mean that you will need to be running macOS 10.14 to build Chromium.

Avi

Avi Drissman

Feb 3, 2020, 4:12:42 PM2/3/20
to Chromium-dev, Chromium Embedders
This is scheduled to happen on 18 February. Please update before then, and if there are any questions please let me know.

Avi

Matt Fysh

Feb 3, 2020, 6:43:55 PM2/3/20
to Chromium-dev, embedd...@chromium.org
Because the 10.15 SDK comes with Xcode 11, this will mean that you will need to be running macOS 10.14 to build Chromium

Did you mean "running macOS 10.15", as I'm not sure how macOS 10.15 SDK is available to macOS 10.14?

Matt Fysh

Feb 3, 2020, 6:44:50 PM2/3/20
to Chromium-dev, embedd...@chromium.org
Oh, nevermind, just noticed this is indeed the lowest version of macOS supported by Xcode 11.

Avi Drissman

Feb 4, 2020, 10:50:05 AM2/4/20
to matt...@gmail.com, Chromium-dev, Chromium Embedders
Indeed.

Note that you're welcome to try to convince earlier versions of Xcode to use the 10.15 SDK, and you could probably get it to work somewhat, but it's probably not worth your time.

Avi
(who for a while, for building Chromium, on his 10.11 Mac hacked a 10.12 SDK to look like a 10.14 SDK and managed to keep it working for months)

Avi Drissman

Feb 18, 2020, 12:32:15 PM2/18/20
to Chromium-dev, Chromium Embedders
Heads-up; this is going to land today!