Open Source Code - Chromium Browser for Android

Sakthivel Appavu

Nov 2, 2022, 1:49:45 AM11/2/22
to Chromium-Apps-Announce
Hi All,

We are try to build the Chromium Browser - Open Source Code for Android.

We follow the below URL's and its steps:
From the above URL, We get the two apk's
1. Chrome_Public_apk(size is ~330MB)
2. Content_Shell_apk(size is ~230MB)

From the above APK's, we couldn't able to check due to APK size is large.

Try to reduce and generate the Target Version(API 29) APK and To import into Android Studio as a project(Chromium Browser), following the below URL

From the above URL, we imported and generate APK or Re-Build Project means, We get following error's:

FAILURE: Build completed with 3 failures.

1: Task failed with an exception.
-----------
* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':_all:checkDebugDuplicateClasses'.
> A failure occurred while executing com.android.build.gradle.internal.tasks.CheckDuplicatesRunnable

   > Duplicate class androidx.annotation.AnimRes found in modules jetified-annotation-1.6.0-SNAPSHOT (annotation-1.6.0-SNAPSHOT.jar) and jetified-support-annotations-28.0 (support-annotations-28.0.0.jar)
     Duplicate class androidx.annotation.AnimatorRes found in modules jetified-annotation-1.6.0-SNAPSHOT (annotation-1.6.0-SNAPSHOT.jar) and jetified-support-annotations-28.0 (support-annotations-28.0.0.jar)

Go to the documentation to learn how to <a href="d.android.com/r/tools/classpath-sync-errors">Fix dependency resolution errors</a>.

* Try:
> Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace.
> Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.
> Run with --scan to get full insights.

We are getting around 2000 duplicate classes. If removed that library/dependency in gradle file getting another library error.

Please guide me, How to import the Chromium Browser Source code into Android Studio and generate the target version APK file?.

Screenshot from 2022-11-02 11-13-09.png

PhistucK

Nov 2, 2022, 8:40:35 AM11/2/22
to Sakthivel Appavu, Chromium-Apps-Announce
This group is for Chrome/Chrome OS applications (like extensions). The right group for this discussion is chromium-dev.

PhistucK

Sakthivel Appavu

Nov 2, 2022, 9:27:50 AM11/2/22
to Chromium-Apps-Announce, PhistucK, Chromium-Apps-Announce, Sakthivel Appavu
Thanks for the information.