Internal page broken down by core web vitals expanded view

Prag

Dec 14, 2021, 12:59:10 PM12/14/21
to Chrome UX Report (Discussions)
Hello everyone,

Is it possible to pull a report (excel / data studio) that consists of a website's internal page's speed checked for core web vitals and have all the percentages for "Good", "Needs Improvement" and "Poor"? Basically, the way data is populated in the Google Page Speed Insights tool.

Numbers needed.png

1) Are these core web vitals 3 categories percentage data present in Big Query tables for website internal pages? If yes, please guide. I tried to check in GitHub but couldn't find it.

2) Is there any scraping script to pull these percentages from the Google Page Speed Insights tool interface? If yes, please share.

I had checked the PSI API but it doesn't have these percentage data and the 3 categories. The API only says, pass or fail along with the 75th percentile number.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Many thanks & kind regards,
Prag

Ben Schwarz

Dec 14, 2021, 3:24:08 PM12/14/21
to Prag, Chrome UX Report (Discussions)
Hey Prag,

You're looking for the CrUX REST API, which includes breakdowns for metrics like this:

{

"histogram": [

{

"start": 0,

"end": 1000,

"density": 0.38179089544772343

},

{

"start": 1000,

"end": 3000,

"density": 0.49904952476238057

},

{

"start": 3000,

"density": 0.11915957978989571

}

],
}

Hope that helps Prag :-)

Cheers,
Ben

Alex Loaiza

Dec 14, 2021, 3:44:41 PM12/14/21
to Ben Schwarz, Prag, Chrome UX Report (Discussions)
Do you need to collect data for a page rather than the origin (domain) ?

I have this tool that you can use: https://core-web-vitals.vercel.app/

--
- Alex Loaiza

Pragyanshu Labh

Dec 16, 2021, 11:41:36 AM12/16/21
to Ben Schwarz, Chrome UX Report (Discussions)
Thank you so much Ben for introducing me to CrUX REST API. I was looking for something like this.

I came across this page https://blr.design/blog/crux-web-vitals-python/ and it helped me to pull some numbers for 75th percentile. To my surprise, the CrUX API numbers did not match at all and had huge differences with Google PSI interface field data numbers. Is it a known fact?

Also, do you have any script or known blog for CrUX API in python to pull the 3 categories percentages (Good, Need Improvement, Poor)?

Thank you so much for your help!

Regards,
Prag

Pragyanshu Labh

Dec 16, 2021, 12:06:56 PM12/16/21
to Alex Loaiza, Ben Schwarz, Chrome UX Report (Discussions)
Hello Alex,

Thanks for sharing the nice tool but I do not think it serves what I'm looking for. I'm looking for automation (frequency: weekly) of pulling CWV data for multiple website's internal pages. Sorry if the tool has this feature and I missed it. :)

Best,
Prag

Alex Loaiza

Dec 16, 2021, 12:50:02 PM12/16/21
to Pragyanshu Labh, Ben Schwarz, Chrome UX Report (Discussions)
I think I understand what you're trying to do now.

If google sheets doesn't work for you, then give this a try with sitespeed and grafana. This method works well if you want to catch down trends before they are shown in the data studio report, because it uses the crux api to pull data daily. For the monthly reports I still heavily recommend the crux connector connected to google's crux data studio.
Screenshot_159.png
--
- Alex Loaiza