Stalled data since October 1st

Anthony RICAUD

Oct 4, 2021, 5:11:50 AM10/4/21
to Chrome UX Report (Discussions)
Hello,

It seems that origin data on the CrUX API data is stuck since October 1st. All the origins I'm following have not received updates since.

Is there an issue at the moment?

Thanks,
Anthony.

Rick Viscomi

Oct 4, 2021, 12:52:54 PM10/4/21
to Anthony RICAUD, Chrome UX Report (Discussions)
Hi Anthony,

Thanks for flagging this. It does look like the CrUX API has been stuck for a few days. I've let the team know and they're investigating. I'll share any updates on this thread.

Rick

Ivan Marchesini

Oct 6, 2021, 3:56:57 AM10/6/21
to Chrome UX Report (Discussions), rvis...@google.com, Chrome UX Report (Discussions), rik...@gmail.com
Hi, is there any update on this issue?

thanks!

Ivan

Rick Viscomi

Oct 6, 2021, 1:40:39 PM10/6/21
to Ivan Marchesini, Chrome UX Report (Discussions), rik...@gmail.com
Hi Ivan,

Yes! The data pipeline issue has been resolved and the CrUX API should resume serving fresh data starting today.

I know some people have daily scripts to ping the API, so depending on the time at which your ping happened today, you may or may not be seeing fresh data just yet. But everything should be running normally tomorrow. Reply to this thread if you're still experiencing stale data on or after Oct 7.

Apologies to everyone affected by this issue!

Rick

Ludovic Lefebvre

Oct 7, 2021, 3:30:03 AM10/7/21
to Chrome UX Report (Discussions), rvis...@google.com, Chrome UX Report (Discussions), rik...@gmail.com, Ivan Marchesini
Hi Rick,

Thank you for the update.

Do you know if the data collected during this outage are included or lost ?
On our side, today's data is not what we expected, we expected  a better LCP after lots of improvements.

Thank you.

Regards,
Ludovic

Rick Viscomi

Oct 7, 2021, 11:05:45 AM10/7/21
to Ludovic Lefebvre, Chrome UX Report (Discussions), rik...@gmail.com, Ivan Marchesini
Hi Ludovic,

There was no data loss in the sense that the 28-day aggregation window included in today's API response still covers the time period when the API was returning stale data.

If your site's UX was a mix of fast and slow during that window, it may take more time to "flush" the slower data out of the aggregation and start seeing noticeable improvements. Barry Pollard described it as a delay in reporting in his Smashing Magazine article and gave an example of how it may take some time before the percentiles catch up.

Rick

Anthony RICAUD

Oct 7, 2021, 11:37:51 AM10/7/21
to Chrome UX Report (Discussions), rvis...@google.com, Chrome UX Report (Discussions), Anthony RICAUD, Ivan Marchesini
Thanks for fixing the issue!

Aneel Badyal

Oct 7, 2021, 2:17:15 PM10/7/21
to Chrome UX Report (Discussions), rik...@gmail.com, rvis...@google.com, Chrome UX Report (Discussions), Ivan Marchesini
Hello,

Does this mean data for September 2021 should be available soon, I still don't see it within the dashboard?

Rick Viscomi

Oct 7, 2021, 4:01:08 PM10/7/21
to Aneel Badyal, Chrome UX Report (Discussions), rik...@gmail.com, Ivan Marchesini
New datasets are released on the second Tuesday of each month. So 202109 (September 2021) will be available on October 12.

Anthony RICAUD

Nov 1, 2021, 6:58:08 AM11/1/21
to Chrome UX Report (Discussions), rvis...@google.com, Chrome UX Report (Discussions), Anthony RICAUD, Ivan Marchesini, Aneel Badyal
It seems that things are stuck again since October 28th :(

Kristian Sköld

Nov 1, 2021, 8:12:55 AM11/1/21
to Chrome UX Report (Discussions), rik...@gmail.com, rvis...@google.com, Chrome UX Report (Discussions), Ivan Marchesini, Aneel Badyal
Yep, seeing the same across many sites we monitor. No changes in data since Oct 28th.

Rick Viscomi

Nov 1, 2021, 11:35:39 AM11/1/21
to Kristian Sköld, Chrome UX Report (Discussions), rik...@gmail.com, Ivan Marchesini, Aneel Badyal
Thanks for reporting this. I'll make sure the team is aware of the issue and report back if there are any updates.

Apologies for the disruption.

Rick Viscomi

Nov 2, 2021, 1:45:54 PM11/2/21
to Chrome UX Report (Discussions), Rick Viscomi, Chrome UX Report (Discussions), rik...@gmail.com, Ivan Marchesini, Aneel Badyal, kristia...@baqend.com
The issue should be fixed as of today. Let me know if anyone is still seeing stale data.

Apologies again for any inconvenience.

Anthony RICAUD

Nov 2, 2021, 2:34:37 PM11/2/21
to Chrome UX Report (Discussions), rvis...@google.com, Chrome UX Report (Discussions), Anthony RICAUD, Ivan Marchesini, Aneel Badyal, kristia...@baqend.com
Looks good on the origins I follow, thanks!