Intent to Ship: Ergonomic brand checks for private fields

Marja Hölttä

Feb 19, 2021, 3:36:31 AM2/19/21
to blin...@chromium.org

Contact emails

ma...@chromium.orgs...@chromium.org

Explainer

None

Specification

https://github.com/tc39/proposal-private-fields-in-in

Summary

This JavaScript feature adds the capability for testing the existence of a private field in an object: "#foo in obj" Proposal: https://github.com/tc39/proposal-private-fields-in-in The feature has reached Stage 3 in TC39.

Blink component

Blink>JavaScript>Language

TAG review

None

TAG review status

Not applicable

Risks

Interoperability and Compatibility

Gecko: No signal This is a minor, uncontroversial TC39 stage 3 feature.

WebKit: No signal This is a minor, uncontroversial TC39 stage 3 feature.

Web developers: No signals N/A. This is a minor, uncontroversial TC39 stage 3 feature.

No

This feature is currently tested by V8 tests and will later be tested by test262.

https://chromestatus.com/feature/5006138707804160

Google Germany GmbH

Erika-Mann-Straße 33

80636 München

Geschäftsführer: Paul Manicle, Halimah DeLaine Prado

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg

Diese E-Mail ist vertraulich. Falls sie diese fälschlicherweise erhalten haben sollten, leiten Sie diese bitte nicht an jemand anderes weiter, löschen Sie alle Kopien und Anhänge davon und lassen Sie mich bitte wissen, dass die E-Mail an die falsche Person gesendet wurde.

This e-mail is confidential. If you received this communication by mistake, please don't forward it to anyone else, please erase all copies and attachments, and please let me know that it has gone to the wrong person.

yo...@yoav.ws

Feb 23, 2021, 5:31:51 PM2/23/21
to blink-dev, Marja Hölltä
On Friday, February 19, 2021 at 9:36:31 AM UTC+1 Marja Hölltä wrote:

[...]

Have we reached out? bit.ly/blink-signals

Mike West

Feb 25, 2021, 2:27:42 PM2/25/21
to blink-dev, yo...@yoav.ws, Marja Hölltä
LGTM1.

We've considered TC39's Stage 3 to be substantive support from that group's participants in the past. I think it's pretty reasonable to consider it to be that here as well.

-mike

Chris Harrelson

Feb 25, 2021, 3:18:44 PM2/25/21
to Mike West, blink-dev, yo...@yoav.ws, Marja Hölltä
LGTM2, but I agree with Yoav that you should also file for signals, if for no other reason that it's an FYI and encouragement for everyone to ship consensus JS features in lock step. Appreciate your help.

Alex Russell

Feb 25, 2021, 3:23:38 PM2/25/21
to blink-dev, Chris Harrelson, blink-dev, yo...@yoav.ws, Marja Hölltä, Mike West
LGTM3 modulo Chris and Yoav's note.