Weekly Status for Network Service - Feb 22

Daniel Xie

Feb 25, 2019, 8:31:14 PM2/25/19
to network-service-dev, services-dev

Hi team,

This is what the Network Service team has been working on in the last week. On Windows/Mac/Linux, the data looks good and we are going to remove the hold back on stable M72. On Clank, the team has completed a 10% Stable experiment in M72 🎉and plan to restart the rollout in M73. On ChromeOS, we’ve started a Dev and Beta experiment on CrOS in M73 🎉. The team is monitoring the data from those experiments.

Summary of Network Service Rollout Progress

Platform

Canary

Dev

Beta

Stable

Desktop (Win/Mac/Linux)

100%

100%

100%

100% (w/10% hold out)

Clank

50%

50%

50%

0%

ChromeOS

50%🎉

50%🎉

50%🎉

0%

Webview

0%

0%

0%

0%

Next Milestones

Desktop (Win/Mac/Linux)

The plan is to remove the 10% holdback on Stable next week since the data on the Stable rollout looked good.

Clank/Android

We completed a 10% Stable experiment in M72 with 50% in-process and 50% out-of-process (for device < 2G they will be running it in process). Our team will look at the data and restart the rollout in M73.

ChromeOS

We started a trial in M73 Dev and Beta. The plan is to start a Stable experiment in M73 soon.

WebView

The team is continuing to address test failures and Canary blockers. The plan is to address all test failures by M74 branch so we can start a Beta/Stable trial in M74.

ChromeCast

The team is beginning to migrate ChromeCast code on Network Service. The team is addressing test failures in the waterfall.

Bugs Overview

Windows/Mac/Linux Stable Blockers (crbug list): Zarro bugs.

Clank/Android Blockers: Zarro bugs

ChromeOS Canary Blockers: Zarro bugs

Webview Canary BlockersWebview Canary Blockers

Week of

Assigned

Backlog

Total