Re: Shipping rel=preconnect

Ilya Grigorik

Feb 17, 2015, 3:10:38 PM2/17/15
to Chris Bentzel, Patrick Meenan, ttu...@google.com, Yoav Weiss, loadi...@chromium.org
-chrome-loading, +loading-dev

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 12:05 PM, Ilya Grigorik <igri...@google.com> wrote:
Gotcha, thanks Pat. It sounds like the preloader support is not far away.

I'll ping Mozilla & IE folks in a separate thread. I have not heard any objections on it from either, but let's see if we can get them to +1 our intent to ship.

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 12:02 PM, Chris Bentzel <cben...@google.com> wrote:
+Thomas Tuttle FYI on the code review

On Tue Feb 17 2015 at 2:54:20 PM Patrick Meenan <pme...@google.com> wrote:
- Need a LGTM from ttuttle on this: https://codereview.chromium.org/922533003/
- Preload scanner support is not done yet (need the above CL to land first) though this isn't a blocker for turning on preconnect

The link header flag isn't set up to block preconnect, he has it tied to my feature flag so as soon as the preconnect ship gets approved it will work for the link header as well.

Did we get any other browser vendors or customers to chime in that they'd like to see it ship?  That seemed to be the main gating factor when I did the combined implement/ship.

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 2:17 PM, Ilya Grigorik <igri...@google.com> wrote:
Pat, Yoav: what are the remaining bits for enabling rel=preconnect? From what I can tell, the parser + preloader support is there, and same goes for Link header -- correct?

As far as next steps, it looks like we'll need two different intent's to ship:
1) rel=preconnect support (parser, preloader)
2) Link header support (dns-prefetch + preconnect)

Does that sound right? Anything blocking us from getting those out earlier rather than later?

ig

Ilya Grigorik

Feb 20, 2015, 1:48:29 PM2/20/15
to Chris Bentzel, Patrick Meenan, ttu...@google.com, Yoav Weiss, loadi...@chromium.org
Patrick is implementing rel=preconnect in FF! \o/

Ilya Grigorik

Feb 23, 2015, 11:44:08 AM2/23/15
to Yoav Weiss, Patrick Meenan, ttu...@google.com, Chris Bentzel, loadi...@chromium.org
On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 9:08 PM, Todd Reifsteck <todd...@microsoft.com> wrote:

We still need to review with core networking, but other relevant layers are satisfied with this spec. We are not going to implement in the next couple of months but are putting this in our backlog.

\o/

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 4:05 PM, Yoav Weiss <yo...@yoav.ws> wrote:

WOOT!!!