Monorail, Chromium's open-source issue tracker

Aaron Gable

Apr 12, 2016, 5:13:10 PM4/12/16
to infr...@chromium.org, Chromium-dev
Hey Infrans and Chromies,

As of today, Monorail is now open-source. Although we began development of our new issue tracker in a closed environment, and proceeded there to maintain momentum, it was always our goal to eventually open-source the project. And now, we have.

You can view the bugs we're working on here: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/monorail/issues/list
And, like always, contributions are welcome. If you've never contributed to infra before, a simple `fetch infra` should get you started.

We look forward to working with all of you to build an even better bug tracker!

Aaron, on behalf of the Monorail team

Aaron Gable

Apr 12, 2016, 5:16:59 PM4/12/16
to infr...@chromium.org, Chromium-dev

Dirk Pranke

Apr 12, 2016, 5:38:39 PM4/12/16
to Aaron Gable, infr...@chromium.org, Chromium-dev
Yay openness! :).

-- Dirk

Anthony LaForge

Apr 12, 2016, 6:54:04 PM4/12/16
to Dirk Pranke, Aaron Gable, infr...@chromium.org, Chromium-dev
Congrats!  That's a huge milestone.

Kind Regards,

Anthony Laforge
Technical Program Manager
Mountain View, CA

Lucas Garron

Apr 12, 2016, 7:09:42 PM4/12/16
to laf...@chromium.org, Dirk Pranke, Aaron Gable, infr...@chromium.org, Chromium-dev
Awesome!

I poked around a while ago with the (then-closed) source when the Chromium bug trackers switched. If anyone has an itch to scratch, I encourage you to check out the source and even try to submit a fix yourself. agable@ and jrobbins@ are pretty responsive about bugs and questions.

The setup process was partially broken when I tried it, but I presume it's fixed now. And the code itself is pretty reasonable. :-D

»Lucas

»Lucas Garron

PhistucK

Apr 13, 2016, 2:04:28 AM4/13/16
to aga...@chromium.org, infr...@chromium.org, Chromium-dev
Congratulations!

As always, being able to contribute using GitHub would probably make more people contribute (I know I would have). But, open-ness comes first - so, yay!

PhistucK

anatoly techtonik

Apr 16, 2016, 3:55:54 AM4/16/16
to infra-dev, aga...@chromium.org, chromi...@chromium.org
Wow. That's very cool. If that could come up with MIT license, I'd reuse some parts for Roundup that powers bugs.python.org

Aaron Gable

Apr 16, 2016, 1:51:52 PM4/16/16
to anatoly techtonik, infra-dev, aga...@chromium.org, chromi...@chromium.org

It is licensed under the same terms as the rest of the Chromium project, and as the rest of our infrastructure code.

anatoly techtonik

Apr 16, 2016, 2:42:56 PM4/16/16
to Aaron Gable, infra-dev, Chromium-dev
Yea, I know. Just rethinking that license stuff is inconvenient.
Repository tracks all authors pretty nice, but history with authorship
between repositories is shared poorly, so we need licenses to preserve
it.
--
anatoly t.