What should be done with html-imports tests in web-platform-tests?

Philip Jägenstedt

Jul 10, 2018, 11:15:02 AM7/10/18
to dom...@chromium.org, Domenic Denicola
Hi all,

I am working on https://github.com/web-platform-tests/wpt/pull/11888 and as a part of that I came across https://github.com/web-platform-tests/wpt/blob/master/html-imports/META.yml. As omo/morrita is no longer working on Chromium (I think) this directory would end up without any reviewer, which is why I noticed it.

IIUC, HTML Imports isn't really on track to be implemented in any other browser, so I wonder what we should do with these tests.

Should they simply be removed, or moved into LayoutTests/http/tests/htmlimports/?

Thanks!

Hayato Ito

Jul 10, 2018, 10:05:40 PM7/10/18
to Philip Jägenstedt, dom-dev, Domenic Denicola
Hi Philip, thanks for pointing that out.

> Should they simply be removed, or moved into LayoutTests/http/tests/htmlimports/?

Given that Blink still *supports* HTML Imports, they should be moved into somewhere under Blink's LayoutTests.
--
Hayato

Philip Jägenstedt

Jul 11, 2018, 8:09:20 AM7/11/18