IMPORTANT: Google CT logs will be temporarily read-only for maintenance

Pavel Kalinnikov

Oct 26, 2018, 11:07:00 AM10/26/18
to Certificate Transparency Policy

Hi everyone,

We are planning to perform maintenance work on the following Google CT logs

aimed at improving their reliability:

Each of these logs, during their corresponding day, will be read-only (i.e. reject add-chain and add-pre-chain calls) starting approximately 11:00 London time. We expect the maintenance period to last 2-4 hours. We will send notifications when it starts and ends. In accordance with the Chrome Log Policy we measure availability in a 90 day moving window. At the moment, availability of all the listed logs is above 99.9%. With this in mind, our unavailability capacity for the current window is at least 19 hours, which will be enough for completing the maintenance. During the days of maintenance we recommend you submit (pre-)certificates to alternative Google logs. For example, you may use Skydiver as a substitute for

Pilot on Nov 21, and the other way around on Nov 26.

Please forward this message to people who might be impacted.

Thank you,

Pavel on behalf of Google CT team

Pavel Kalinnikov

Nov 11, 2018, 1:05:37 PM11/11/18
to ct-p...@chromium.org
Hi everyone,

Just a reminder: maintenance works will start this coming week.

Also, we have slightly changed the plan. The first maintenance day (for Daedalus) will be Tue, Nov 13. This is due to my poor timezone calculus skills combined with a travel from California back to London. My apologies for the last minute change. Note that the rest of the plan remains intact.

Cheers,
Pavel

Pavel Kalinnikov

Nov 13, 2018, 6:09:56 AM11/13/18
to ct-p...@chromium.org
Hi everyone,

We are about to start with Daedalus.

Thanks,
Pavel

Pavel Kalinnikov

Nov 13, 2018, 9:19:49 AM11/13/18
to ct-p...@chromium.org
Hello again,

Daedalus is now completed (about an hour ago, actually). You can resume writes to it.

Thanks,
Pavel

Pavel Kalinnikov

Nov 14, 2018, 6:12:41 AM11/14/18
to ct-p...@chromium.org
Hi all,

We are starting works on Icarus. Good luck to us.

Pavel

Rob Stradling

Nov 14, 2018, 6:21:29 AM11/14/18
to ct-p...@chromium.org
Hi Pavel. Thanks for the reminder. I'm sure you've got it all under
control. Just remember to not fly too near the sun on wings of feathers
and wax. ;-)

On 14/11/2018 11:12, 'Pavel Kalinnikov' via Certificate Transparency

--
Rob Stradling
Senior Research & Development Scientist

Pavel Kalinnikov

Nov 14, 2018, 7:42:39 AM11/14/18
to r...@sectigo.com, ct-p...@chromium.org
Thanks Rob :)

The operation is completed. You may resume using Icarus.

Have a great day,
Pavel

Pavel Kalinnikov

Nov 19, 2018, 5:54:36 AM11/19/18
to ct-p...@chromium.org
Hello everyone,

We are starting works on Rocketeer in 5 minutes.

Thanks,
Pavel

Pavel Kalinnikov

Nov 19, 2018, 8:01:39 AM11/19/18
to ct-p...@chromium.org
Hi all,

Rocketeer is now fully resumed.

Thanks,
Pavel

Pavel Kalinnikov

Nov 21, 2018, 6:18:33 AM11/21/18
to ct-p...@chromium.org
Hi all,

Today is the Pilot day. Starting now.

Thanks,
Pavel

Pavel Kalinnikov

Nov 21, 2018, 9:28:11 AM11/21/18
to ct-p...@chromium.org
Hi,

Pilot is writable again.

Thanks,
Pavel

Pavel Kalinnikov

Nov 26, 2018, 6:02:00 AM11/26/18
to ct-p...@chromium.org
Hi CT ecosystem,

We are starting works on Skydiver.

Happy day,
Pavel

Pavel Kalinnikov

Nov 26, 2018, 7:30:25 AM11/26/18
to ct-p...@chromium.org
Hi all,

This is now completed, Skydiver is writeable.

Thanks,
Pavel

Pavel Kalinnikov

Nov 28, 2018, 5:59:44 AM11/28/18
to ct-p...@chromium.org
Hi everyone,

We are about to start works on Submariner.

Thanks,
Pavel

Pavel Kalinnikov

Nov 28, 2018, 7:17:47 AM11/28/18