"third_party/freetype/src" missing from chromium-59.0.3071.115.tar.xz

Evangelos Foutras

Jun 26, 2017, 5:00:53 PM6/26/17
to chromium-...@chromium.org
Seems like only the FreeType source is missing; the rest of the files are the same as those in 59.0.3071.109.

Olivier Tilloy

Jun 26, 2017, 11:41:57 PM6/26/17
to chromium-...@chromium.org
Confirmed. This makes it impossible to build chromium from that tarball.

Olivier Tilloy

Jun 26, 2017, 11:53:51 PM6/26/17
to chromium-...@chromium.org
And the tarball for 59.0.3071.117 (which was released as a stable
update for Chrome for Android) has the same issue.

Lei Zhang

Jun 27, 2017, 1:25:11 AM6/27/17
to Paweł Hajdan Jr., chromium-...@chromium.org, Olivier Tilloy
I see it failing for 59.x here: [1] but not for 60.x. [2] See the log
for the bot_update step in both runs, and search for "freetype" as the
keyword. The purple bot status is likely a purple^Wred herring.

Looking at a recent 59.x [3] and 60.x [4] DEPS file, the major
difference is that in [3], freetype is listed multiple times, in
several "deps_os" dictionary entries, including for "unix". Whereas in
[4], it is listed just once in the main "deps" dictionary. Maybe
that's the cause of the problem?

[1] https://luci-milo.appspot.com/buildbot/chromium.infra.cron/publish_tarball/7720
[2] https://luci-milo.appspot.com/buildbot/chromium.infra.cron/publish_tarball/7685
[3] https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/+/59.0.3071.121/DEPS
[4] https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/+/60.0.3112.49/DEPS

On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 8:53 PM, Olivier Tilloy

Evangelos Foutras

Jun 27, 2017, 2:35:01 AM6/27/17
to Lei Zhang, Paweł Hajdan Jr., chromium-...@chromium.org, Olivier Tilloy
On 27 June 2017 at 08:25, 'Lei Zhang' via chromium-packagers
<chromium-...@chromium.org> wrote:
> Looking at a recent 59.x [3] and 60.x [4] DEPS file, the major
> difference is that in [3], freetype is listed multiple times, in
> several "deps_os" dictionary entries, including for "unix". Whereas in
> [4], it is listed just once in the main "deps" dictionary. Maybe
> that's the cause of the problem?

Unlikely; the tarball for 59.0.3071.109 was fine and .115 has almost
the same DEPS file:

https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/+diff/59.0.3071.109..59.0.3071.115/DEPS

Lei Zhang

Jun 27, 2017, 2:53:54 AM6/27/17
to Evangelos Foutras, Paweł Hajdan Jr., chromium-...@chromium.org, Olivier Tilloy
My next guess is something changed in the infrastructure code, rather
than in the Chromium git repo itself. There hasn't been any new 60.x
or 61.x tarballs generated yet, so when those get triggered, we may
see those fail as well. The last good build on the bot is [2], so
maybe that can help track down the offending change.