missing flash player

steph

Jun 5, 2012, 7:17:33 PM6/5/12
to Chromium OS discuss
Hello,
How can I install flash player in Chrome OS. It's missing in plugins.
Thanks,
Stephan

Mike Frysinger

Jun 5, 2012, 10:13:35 PM6/5/12
to step...@yahoo.de, Chromium OS discuss
On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 7:17 PM, steph wrote:
How can I install flash player in Chrome OS. It's missing in plugins.

i'm guessing you mean ChromiumOS and not ChromeOS.  please consult the FAQ:
-mike

steph

Jun 6, 2012, 5:17:54 AM6/6/12
to Chromium OS discuss
OK, I see. Thanks for the hint.
regards,
stephan

Gavin Justly

Jan 6, 2013, 4:01:50 PM1/6/13
to chromium-...@chromium.org
Go to this site https://gist.github.com/3065781

It contains not only a script that will install it for you, but if you scroll down the page it will also tell you how to install it.

(ps this is not my work!)

Jon Temple

Feb 6, 2013, 12:28:08 AM2/6/13
to chromium-...@chromium.org
im hoping this script just needs updating. ive run it, and it crashes. when checking chrome://plugins they are there, but none of them work if i go to youtube or something.

Jon Temple

Feb 6, 2013, 12:47:25 AM2/6/13
to chromium-...@chromium.org
so i of course instantly found this: http://robertcoroianu.eu/chromium-os-enable-fash-player/2013/01/ which fixed flash, pdf, mp3, and mp4, but not java, gtalk, hangouts, or netflix (though i never expect netflix sadly).

Steve Pirk

Feb 6, 2013, 4:59:34 PM2/6/13
to jontemple01, Chromium OS discuss
Here is another github site that has instructions for most all of the plugins. It looks like the Google Talk/Hangout plugin install is called br3ker.sh
https://gist.github.com/dz0ny/3065781 - I just noticed this is the same site referenced above.

Rik van der Veeken

Feb 7, 2013, 1:40:14 AM2/7/13
to chromium-...@chromium.org
That doesn't work sadly enough. That is why i didn't include it in 'my' script. Java also didn't work, but is it working now?

Jon Temple

Feb 7, 2013, 2:27:32 AM2/7/13
to chromium-...@chromium.org
ive run all the commands in the script manually to install java. overwrote everything that already existed. still no java. "this plug-in is not supported." also i dont think "env-update" is a command for this, not sure what it does but it spits out "bash: env-update: command not found".

Toby Osborne

Feb 11, 2013, 5:44:21 PM2/11/13
to chromium-...@chromium.org
Thx guys the scripts worked to install the plugins but flash crashes on and only on youtube anyone have a fix or the same problem?

Steve Pirk

Feb 11, 2013, 5:49:32 PM2/11/13
to ozzyosb...@gmail.com, Chromium OS discuss
I am not seeing issues on my Chromebook. You might want to try the html5 beta on YouTube. About 3/4 of the videos get converted.

Works pretty good.