Bypass login manager

Mike

Feb 23, 2011, 2:42:09 PM2/23/11
to Chromium OS discuss
Is there any way to automatically login as 'guest' bypassing the login
manager altogether? I've tried tweaking the session_manager_setup.sh
to no avail.

Chris Masone

Feb 23, 2011, 4:24:01 PM2/23/11
to mti...@gmail.com, Chromium OS discuss
Nope.

Sean Paul

Feb 23, 2011, 4:57:03 PM2/23/11
to mti...@gmail.com, Chromium OS discuss, cma...@chromium.org
I've had some success doing this. Try the following changes to session_manager_setup.sh:

278,301c278,325
< exec /sbin/session_manager --uid=${USER_ID} -- \
<     $CHROME --apps-gallery-title="Web Store" \
<             --apps-gallery-url="https://chrome.google.com/webstore/" \
<             --compress-sys-feedback \
<             --device-management-url="$DMSERVER" \
<             --disable-domui-menu \
<             --disable-seccomp-sandbox \
<             --enable-gview \
<             --enable-logging \
<             --enable-login-images \
<             --enable-tabbed-options \
<             --log-level=1 \
<             --login-manager \
<             --login-profile=user \
<             --no-first-run \
<             --parallel-auth \
<             --scroll-pixels=4 \
<             --reload-killed-tabs \
<             --user-data-dir="$DATA_DIR" \
<             "$REGISTER_PLUGINS" \
<             "$TOUCH_DEVICES" \
<             ${SCREENSAVER_FLAG} \
<             ${SKIP_OOBE} \
< -- "$WM_SCRIPT"
---
> $CHROME --apps-gallery-title="Web Store" \
>         --apps-gallery-url="https://chrome.google.com/webstore/" \
>         --compress-sys-feedback \
>         --device-management-url="$DMSERVER" \
>         --disable-domui-menu \
>         --disable-seccomp-sandbox \
>         --enable-gview \
>         --enable-logging \
>         --enable-tabbed-options \
>         --log-level=1 \
>         --login-user=chronos \
>         --login-profile=user \
>         --login-screen=login \
>         --no-first-run \
>         --scroll-pixels=4 \
>         --reload-killed-tabs \
>         --user-data-dir="$DATA_DIR" \
>         "$REGISTER_PLUGINS" \
>         "$TOUCH_DEVICES" \
>         ${SCREENSAVER_FLAG} \
>         ${SKIP_OOBE} \
> exit 0
> #exec /sbin/session_manager --uid=${USER_ID} -- \
> #    $CHROME --apps-gallery-title="Web Store" \
> #            --apps-gallery-url="https://chrome.google.com/webstore/" \
> #            --compress-sys-feedback \
> #            --device-management-url="$DMSERVER" \
> #            --disable-domui-menu \
> #            --disable-seccomp-sandbox \
> #            --enable-gview \
> #            --enable-logging \
> #            --enable-login-images \
> #            --enable-tabbed-options \
> #            --log-level=1 \
> #            --login-manager \
> #            --login-profile=user \
> #            --no-first-run \
> #            --parallel-auth \
> #            --scroll-pixels=4 \
> #            --reload-killed-tabs \
> #            --user-data-dir="$DATA_DIR" \
> #            "$REGISTER_PLUGINS" \
> #            "$TOUCH_DEVICES" \
> #            ${SCREENSAVER_FLAG} \
> #            ${SKIP_OOBE} \
> #-- "$WM_SCRIPT"

Todd Vierling

Feb 23, 2011, 5:09:40 PM2/23/11
to sean...@chromium.org, mti...@gmail.com, Chromium OS discuss, cma...@chromium.org
On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 4:57 PM, Sean Paul <sean...@chromium.org> wrote:
> I've had some success doing this. Try the following changes to
> session_manager_setup.sh:

> < exec /sbin/session_manager --uid=${USER_ID} -- \
> <     $CHROME --apps-gallery-title="Web Store" \

> > $CHROME --apps-gallery-title="Web Store" \

FYI, pulling Chrom{e,ium} outside of the session manager will cause
the browser to write state data (cookies, cache) in unencrypted form
to the SSD, because it will never mount the encrypted home
directories. (Normally, through the session manager, normal accounts
mount an encrypted homedir for each user, and the "guest" account uses
a throwaway ramdisk.)

Mike

Feb 23, 2011, 9:20:34 PM2/23/11
to Chromium OS discuss
Acceptable in my case since there will be no human interaction. I'm
just trying to automate or skip the login process and simply boot up
straight to a default webpage.

Chris Masone

Feb 24, 2011, 12:39:04 AM2/24/11
to mti...@gmail.com, Chromium OS discuss

But at that point its not guest mode anymore.  Users' data will persist across reboots and stuff.  If you don't care, that's fine, but be aware.

Sean Paul

Mar 23, 2011, 10:31:08 AM3/23/11
to inonetouch, Chromium OS discuss
+chromium-os-discuss (please reply all so others can benefit from your issue in the future :) )

You should check /sbin/session_manager_setup.sh on the device, ensure that your changes took effect. If you edited the file in your source tree, you'll need to cros_workon & emerge the package to pick up the change.

To cros_workon the package, run the following commands in your chroot:
  - cros_workon start chromeos-base/chromeos-login
  - emerge-<board> chromeos-login

Then run build_image & image_to_usb.

If you want quick & dirty, you can make the changes locally on the device. To do this, enter the shell and run "mount -n -o remount,rw /", then edit /sbin/session_manager_setup.sh and reboot.

If this doesn't work, you can send logs from /var/log/chrome/chrome and /var/log/ui/ui.LATEST so we can try to decipher what's going on.

Sean

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 10:31 PM, inonetouch <phil...@gmail.com> wrote:
We have tried out this and rebuild the chromium.
But the ogin manager is re appearing with the login window.
Can you be precise on the steps to be followed to remove the login
window and boot directly to browser
Thanks in advance
> On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 4:24 PM, Chris Masone <cmas...@chromium.org> wrote:
> > Nope.
>
> > On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 11:42 AM, Mike <mtin...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Is there any way to automatically login as 'guest' bypassing the login
> >> manager altogether? I've tried tweaking the session_manager_setup.sh
> >> to no avail.

avitash

Apr 1, 2011, 4:32:10 AM4/1/11
to Chromium OS discuss
I am not able to connect to internet after making these changes!!! Is
there something related to the changes??