Secure Shell (dev) 0.8.31.2, now with ssh-agent support... sort of.

Robert Ginda

Nov 11, 2014, 5:34:33 PM11/11/14
to chromium-hterm
I just published Secure Shell (dev) 0.8.31.2.

This includes:
* 24-bit color support added by Juan Carlos Cornejo and Edoardo Spadolini.
* Identity dropdown fix from Masaya Suzuki.
* An new relay option called "--ssh-agent".

You can now specify "--ssh-agent=app-id" in the relay options field, even though it's not actually a relay option. This will tell Secure Shell to connect to an ssh-agent at the specified app id, using chrome.runtime.connect. It also adds a "-A" to your ssh command line argument.

The protocol between Secure Shell and the agent is the standard ssh-agent protocol with a minimal wrapper to make it work over chrome ports. I don't have a document, but you can look Secure Shell end of the code here: https://github.com/libapps/libapps-mirror/blob/master/nassh/js/nassh_stream_sshagent_relay.js.

At the moment I don't know of an ssh-agent chrome app available for public use, but if anyone is interested in writing one I can help answer questions. It shouldn't be too difficult to write a key agent that forwards to a native key agent using Chrome native messaging. If you're more feisty than that, you could write a JS-only key agent that helps Chromebook users too.

Rob.

pavels.ro...@gmail.com

Aug 19, 2016, 5:03:31 AM8/19/16
to chromium-hterm
Hi, Rob, is there any method to automatically hop through first machnie I ssh into, e.g. once I connected to my home server, ssh to another from there
in command line I do
machine A>  ssh login@homeserver -p port
homeserver> ssh login2@localhost -p 22222

Regards
PR

Mike Frysinger

Aug 19, 2016, 12:51:19 PM8/19/16
to pavels.ro...@gmail.com, chromium-hterm
in the connection screen there is a "SSH Arguments" field.  you can put whatever you want there, including the command to run when you connect.
-mike