Can't Pay Initial $5 Chrome Developer Dashboard Fee

Kyle Mitofsky

Jul 17, 2013, 3:09:48 PM7/17/13
to chromium-...@chromium.org

I've built an extension to Chrome and have loaded it into the developer dashboard, but I get a message that:

A one-time developer registration fee of US$5.00 is required to verify your account and publish items.

When I click Learn More, it takes me to this page. But when I click on PayNow, nothing happens. It just redirects back to the dashboard with the following status:

This publisher is not linked to a Google Wallet account.

This article talks more about how to pay the developer registration fee, but doesn't offer much by way of advice.

I have a Google Wallet account, but can't figure out how to link it with my new developer account.

The same issue was posted recently on Google's Forum here

I've posted this question on the Web Applications Stack Exchange Site here+

Any advice or people to contact at chrome?

Abraham Williams

Jul 17, 2013, 3:15:17 PM7/17/13
to Kyle Mitofsky, Chromium-extensions
You will have to create a new Google Wallet account under your developer Google account.

Abraham
--
This email is: [ ] shareable [x] ask first [ ] private

Kyle Mitofsky

Jul 17, 2013, 3:20:28 PM7/17/13
to chromium-...@chromium.org, Kyle Mitofsky
How would I go about doing that?  My developer account and wallet account (and all my accounts) use the same email address.  When I go to the Wallet page, it just signs me in using my regular account.

Abraham Williams

Jul 17, 2013, 5:28:27 PM7/17/13
to Kyle Mitofsky, Chromium-extensions
Lets redefine account a little bit. You should have a single Google account, lets say f...@gmail.com. If you are signed into https://wallet.google.com/manage/ and can see f...@gmail.com in the menu and you are signed into https://chrome.google.com/webstore/developer/dashboard and can see f...@gmail.com in the menu you should be all set.

If you see different email address in the menu between the Web Store and Wallet then they are different accounts.

Abraham
--
This email is: [ ] shareable [x] ask first [ ] private

Kyle Mitofsky

Jul 17, 2013, 5:41:10 PM7/17/13
to chromium-...@chromium.org, Kyle Mitofsky

Abraham, that doesn't appear to be the issue (see pic below). I wound up getting access another way, but I'm putting this here for people who are following this thread.

David Sinsky

Jul 17, 2013, 6:33:21 PM7/17/13
to chromium-...@chromium.org, Kyle Mitofsky
Kyle - Can you explain how you got access for those of us who are having similar issues?

Thanks

Ruochen Tang

Jul 17, 2013, 10:08:25 PM7/17/13
to chromium-...@chromium.org, Kyle Mitofsky
Kyle, can you please share how you were able to get access?

Руслан Тараканов

Jul 18, 2013, 9:31:22 AM7/18/13
to chromium-...@chromium.org, Kyle Mitofsky
Kyle, please answer

Kyle Mitofsky

Jul 18, 2013, 10:02:31 AM7/18/13
to chromium-...@chromium.org, Kyle Mitofsky
Someone PM'd me with the same resolution posted here, but I didn't want to set precedent without that individual's permission.  They seem to be actively working on fixing the issue permanently and manually resolving it on case by case basis.
Message has been deleted

Joe Marini

Jul 18, 2013, 11:32:04 AM7/18/13
to Kyle Mitofsky, Chromium-extensions

If you are having issues paying the fee, please send me a message.

Kyle Zipp

Jul 18, 2013, 12:57:39 PM7/18/13
to chromium-...@chromium.org
I am having issues with payng the fee/publishing.

Fabian Nöthe

Jul 18, 2013, 3:22:21 PM7/18/13
to chromium-...@chromium.org, Kyle Mitofsky
I do have the same problem! Please help.

Victor Gonzalez

Jul 18, 2013, 3:23:10 PM7/18/13
to chromium-...@chromium.org, Kyle Mitofsky
I am also having problems paying the fee.

On Wednesday, July 17, 2013 6:33:21 PM UTC-4, David Sinsky wrote:
Kyle - Can you explain how you got access for those of us who are having similar issues?

aLi

Christoph Fuchs

Joe Marini

Jul 18, 2013, 5:00:18 PM7/18/13
to chromium-...@chromium.org, Kyle Mitofsky
We have a fix in progress. Stay tuned.

Thomas Bella

John Pozadzides

Jul 18, 2013, 6:35:44 PM7/18/13
to chromium-...@chromium.org, Kyle Mitofsky
Same problem here. Can't pay the fee.

John Pozadzides

Jul 18, 2013, 6:45:33 PM7/18/13
to chromium-...@chromium.org
By the way Joe, I know you just said an hour ago that there is a fix in progress, but do you think that is something that would happen in the next few minutes... hours... days?  I'm trying to publish an app for the GeekBeat.TV community and I'll have to keep checking back in but not sure what frequency to do so?

Thanks for the assistance in advance,

John P.

On Thursday, July 18, 2013 4:00:18 PM UTC-5, Joe Marini wrote:
We have a fix in progress. Stay tuned.

ariemtec...@gmail.com

Jul 18, 2013, 9:36:54 PM7/18/13
to chromium-...@chromium.org, Kyle Mitofsky
I am also facing issues with paying and publishing the app. I am getting the following error, when I click on Publish.

"Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'innerHTML' of null
  1. crxgallery_csi.js:232
    1. (anonymous function)crxgallery_csi.js:232

On Thursday, July 18, 2013 9:02:04 PM UTC+5:30, Joe Marini wrote:

If you are having issues paying the fee, please send me a message.

On Jul 18, 2013 7:02 AM, "Kyle Mitofsky" <kyl...@gmail.com> wrote:
Someone PM'd me with the same resolution posted here, but I didn't want to set precedent without that individual's permission.  They seem to be actively working on fixing the issue permanently and manually resolving it on case by case basis.

On Wednesday, July 17, 2013 6:33:21 PM UTC-4, David Sinsky wrote:
Kyle - Can you explain how you got access for those of us who are having similar issues?

Hillel Coren

Jul 18, 2013, 9:41:40 PM7/18/13
to chromium-...@chromium.org, Kyle Mitofsky
I'm also having this problem

Thanks for your help

On Thursday, July 18, 2013 6:32:04 PM UTC+3, Joe Marini wrote:

If you are having issues paying the fee, please send me a message.

On Jul 18, 2013 7:02 AM, "Kyle Mitofsky" <kyl...@gmail.com> wrote:
Someone PM'd me with the same resolution posted here, but I didn't want to set precedent without that individual's permission.  They seem to be actively working on fixing the issue permanently and manually resolving it on case by case basis.

On Wednesday, July 17, 2013 6:33:21 PM UTC-4, David Sinsky wrote:
Kyle - Can you explain how you got access for those of us who are having similar issues?

Ben Lesem

Mickaël Pham

Jul 19, 2013, 2:37:36 AM7/19/13
to chromium-...@chromium.org
Hi, I'm also having this issue. Please help.

Дмитрий Чикулаев

Hengchao Jia

Jul 19, 2013, 11:08:34 AM7/19/13
to chromium-...@chromium.org
The same problem..

Joe Marini

Jul 19, 2013, 3:21:48 PM7/19/13
to chromium-...@chromium.org
The fix has been checked in and will go live with the next CWS release on Monday or Tuesday.

-Joe

ha...@labeltop.com

Jul 22, 2013, 8:43:31 AM7/22/13
to chromium-...@chromium.org
Thanks! Just tired to pay the fee. Still seeing the bug. Going to try again in a bit later.

Kum Kung Yo

Aug 16, 2016, 2:03:34 PM8/16/16
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
Just hit this problem. I have tried over five times but the popup do not go away after I click the submit button with all card numbers and cvv filled.

I have just used by credit card yesterday.

Kyle Mitofsky於 2013年7月18日星期四 UTC+8上午3時09分48秒寫道:

ahmet keskin

Jan 23, 2017, 2:14:05 PM1/23/17
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
I think now there is a new bug. I have tried with 3 different credit cards. One of them is not accepted by Google and nothing happens with the other two. Payment screen is not closed and there is no error messages what so ever. I cannot complete the payment. Need help and suggestions. Thank you!

James

Jan 23, 2017, 2:21:53 PM1/23/17
to Chromium-Extensions-Announce
Hi Ahmet,

Please file a bug with detailed repro steps in the Chromium issue tracker under the Webstore component.

Best,
James

Nico Bock