[Developer DashBoard] An error occurred: Cannot parse message.json file from uploaded package.

João Correia

Jul 13, 2011, 5:02:36 AM7/13/11
to Chromium-extensions
While uploading an updated version of my extension this error occurs:

"An error occurred: Cannot parse message.json file from uploaded
package."

I do not even have a file called 'message.json' insize .zip package.
As is said in the documentation file name should be 'messages.json'.

Note: 1) this is the first update to a previous uploaded extension. 2)
extension is still in draft mode.

Can someone help me. Thanks in advanced!

João Correia

Jul 13, 2011, 12:35:35 PM7/13/11
to Chromium-extensions
If it helps, here it is the extension repository with all the source
code: https://github.com/JoaoPe/iZoom

PhistucK

Jul 14, 2011, 1:58:24 AM7/14/11
to João Correia, Chromium-extensions
I take it that you have managed.

PhistucK

João Correia

Jul 14, 2011, 2:54:16 AM7/14/11
to Chromium-extensions
Yes, it is fixed,

It was something about messages.json encoding. I was changing it with
Komodo but it was working, Windows Notepad didn't work either (I guess
because it uses BOM signature).

Finally Notepad++ worked out well. For future reference, file should
be encoded using UTF-8 without BOM signature.

Tks anyway :)