Aggregating grievances with CWS in this doc.

George Mike

Oct 24, 2019, 2:31:00 PM10/24/19
to Chromium Extensions
As the subject says, I'd like to gather all the grievances developers have with the CWS (new and old).

To that end, I've created this doc:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/189sjzRcWmKVFgZeWZI-2ElkUVDfrpH3gGFaTqsGhyIw/edit#gid=0

Please:
- Do not edit other folks' grievance descriptions
- Add your own grievances
- Sign your name on grievances you too experience.

Please reach out (g...@georgemike.com) if you'd like to discuss anything one-on-one. Ultimately, I plan on presenting these to folks at Google on the CWS team.

Best,
George

Kent Brewster

Oct 24, 2019, 2:49:11 PM10/24/19
to George Mike, Chromium Extensions
Suggest you add a column for the bug ID on crbug.com, to help out our developer relations people (who are working hard at the least-appreciated job in the world.)

--Kent

George Mike

Oct 24, 2019, 3:12:38 PM10/24/19
to Chromium Extensions, g...@georgemike.com
Hey Kent, great suggestion!

Thank you to whoever added the column!  The first bug listed (295837) was for an issue I listed. Very cool! Not cool: The bug was created in 2013. That's the definition of the DGAF vibe anyone that's relied on the CWS has felt for the past 5 years.

(g)

On Thursday, October 24, 2019 at 2:49:11 PM UTC-4, Kent Brewster wrote:
Suggest you add a column for the bug ID on crbug.com, to help out our developer relations people (who are working hard at the least-appreciated job in the world.)

--Kent

> On Oct 24, 2019, at 11:31 AM, George Mike <g...@georgemike.com> wrote:
>
> As the subject says, I'd like to gather all the grievances developers have with the CWS (new and old).
>
> To that end, I've created this doc:
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/189sjzRcWmKVFgZeWZI-2ElkUVDfrpH3gGFaTqsGhyIw/edit#gid=0
>
> Please:
> - Do not edit other folks' grievance descriptions
> - Add your own grievances
> - Sign your name on grievances you too experience.
>
> Please reach out (g...@georgemike.com) if you'd like to discuss anything one-on-one. Ultimately, I plan on presenting these to folks at Google on the CWS team.
>
> Best,
> George

Zachary Yaro

Oct 24, 2019, 3:48:49 PM10/24/19
to George Mike, Chromium Extensions
I was the one who added that column, some relevant crbug links, and some small clarifications.

I do want to chime in with my 2¢ that, while I think there is value to the community aggregating the grievances mentioned across the mailing lists, and I do agree the CWS has room to improve, I also want to express appreciation for things like the revamped dev console and features included and hinted at in it—especially since certain crbug comments over the past few years have suggested the CWS team was notably downsized, and it is not exactly the fault of the people on that team that Google higher-ups are not making it a high priority.

Zachary Yaro

On Thu, 24 Oct 2019 at 15:12, George Mike <g...@georgemike.com> wrote:
Hey Kent, great suggestion!

Thank you to whoever added the column!  The first bug listed (295837) was for an issue I listed. Very cool! Not cool: The bug was created in 2013. That's the definition of the DGAF vibe anyone that's relied on the CWS has felt for the past 5 years.

(g)

On Thursday, October 24, 2019 at 2:49:11 PM UTC-4, Kent Brewster wrote:
Suggest you add a column for the bug ID on crbug.com, to help out our developer relations people (who are working hard at the least-appreciated job in the world.)

--Kent

> On Oct 24, 2019, at 11:31 AM, George Mike <g...@georgemike.com> wrote:
>
> As the subject says, I'd like to gather all the grievances developers have with the CWS (new and old).
>
> To that end, I've created this doc:
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/189sjzRcWmKVFgZeWZI-2ElkUVDfrpH3gGFaTqsGhyIw/edit#gid=0
>
> Please:
> - Do not edit other folks' grievance descriptions
> - Add your own grievances
> - Sign your name on grievances you too experience.
>
> Please reach out (g...@georgemike.com) if you'd like to discuss anything one-on-one. Ultimately, I plan on presenting these to folks at Google on the CWS team.
>
> Best,
> George

محمد قحل

Oct 24, 2019, 6:14:21 PM10/24/19
to George Mike, Chromium Extensions

Markus Stefanko

Oct 25, 2019, 5:03:05 AM10/25/19
to Chromium Extensions, g...@georgemike.com
Yes, I remember commenting on that issue early last year. Frustrating that I have to hack together the "my extensions" extension with a local proxy to have this functionality... super frustrating that my users are not getting notifications for my support replies. I'm trying to route them to github instead...