Extension under review for over a week

Zach Saucier

Feb 24, 2020, 6:37:34 PM2/24/20
to Chromium Extensions
Hello. My Chrome extension has been under review for over a week and there's a very terrible bug that I need to fix. Unfortunately I cannot upload the version with the bug fixed because my extension is under review. It has been under review for over a week already with absolutely no information given. All previous reviews that it's had it has passed within a day or so.

What gives? How can I find out more information about the review? How can I get in contact with the people reviewing the extension so that I can tell them I know it's broken, I just need the review to be done with so I can upload a working version?

Simeon Vincent

Feb 25, 2020, 7:30:23 PM2/25/20
to Chromium Extensions
Review may take multiple weeks to complete, but generally speaking most extensions are reviewed in less than a week. Review time is largely a function of the capabilities your requesting. The broader the access to user data, the longer it takes to verify the security of the extension.

Unfortunately we don't currently have a way to request cancellation of an item pending review. The ability to cancel a pending review has become a common feature request as review times have increased. FWIW this is an issue I'm particular interested in seeing addressed for exactly the reasons you outlined.

Cheers,

Simeon - @dotproto
Extensions Developer Advocate

Zach Saucier

Feb 26, 2020, 5:49:58 PM2/26/20
to Chromium Extensions
Thanks, but I am already aware of that information. I was hoping that there was some way I could get in contact with someone at Google related to the review. Google's support for extension developers is quite depressingly poor.

Michael Cann

Feb 27, 2020, 6:05:09 PM2/27/20
to Chromium Extensions
We are in exactly the same boat. I appreciate everything you are doing @Simeon and I hope you can improve the process behind the scenes soon!

Quan Gan

Mar 3, 2020, 12:37:33 AM3/3/20
to Chromium Extensions
I'm having the exact same issue right now, thank you Simeon for the explanation! I hope Google can be more transparent though, especially at this time when the review process just changed significantly.

Zach Saucier

Mar 3, 2020, 8:15:17 AM3/3/20
to Chromium Extensions
Still under review. Another extension of mine with harsher criteria has been reviewed and passed multiple times since this extension has started to be reviewed. Why is it taking so dang long?? This is absurd.

Michael Cann

Mar 3, 2020, 6:12:26 PM3/3/20
to Chromium Extensions
Our extension (with 20k+ users) is still Pending Review too and has been over a week now, its bloody crazy and frustrating when you are thing to work on this daily and you cant get any code out :(

Drag Team

Mar 5, 2020, 10:46:46 AM3/5/20
to Chromium Extensions
Facing same issue here as well. Super important fixes more than a week on pending review, when usually Google team says 7 days is the deadline.

Is there any way to speed up it?

Zach Saucier

Mar 5, 2020, 11:08:42 AM3/5/20
to Chromium Extensions
It has now been 3 weeks that I haven't been able to push an update. I've lost around 10k users. Very sad times. There has to be some way that I can just tell them to reject the version and upload another for review.

Abhinav Rai

Mar 6, 2020, 3:22:51 AM3/6/20
to Chromium Extensions

Been 10+ working days for me and still no luck. I just submitted a minor patch. v2.0.0 to v2.0.1
Is there any way we can remove the extension from under review and submit the new update? This is so bad!