gclient sync error

Shreeram Kushwaha

Dec 17, 2014, 5:30:11 AM12/17/14
to chromi...@chromium.org
Hello All,
I am getting below error while I am trying to execute gclient sync on linux

 File gs://chromium-gn/1088992877b3a13f25b61c8fc18e25296d8cab33 for src/buildtools/linux32/gn does not exist.
 0> File gs://chromium-gn/1088992877b3a13f25b61c8fc18e25296d8cab33 for src/buildtools/linux32/gn does not exist, skipping.
> Error: Command download_from_google_storage --no_resume --platform=linux* --no_auth --bucket chromium-gn -s src/buildtools/linux32/gn.sha1 returned non-zero exit status 1

Can anyone have any leads on this??

Thanks
Shreeram

Primiano Tucci

Dec 17, 2014, 6:29:50 AM12/17/14
to Shreeram Kushwaha, Chromium-dev
The file is definitely there (https://storage.googleapis.com/chromium-gn/1088992877b3a13f25b61c8fc18e25296d8cab33).

I think you might have some custom gsutil config which is causing the download issue.
Try to move away your ~/.boto (i.e. rename to ~/.boto_ignore) and see if it helps.

Shreeram Kushwaha

Dec 17, 2014, 7:37:34 AM12/17/14
to chromi...@chromium.org, shree...@samsung.com
I don't have custom gutil. And there is no .boto file on my system.

Primiano Tucci

Dec 17, 2014, 7:49:39 AM12/17/14
to Shreeram Kushwaha, Chromium-dev

Shreeram Kushwaha

Dec 17, 2014, 7:54:21 AM12/17/14
to chromi...@chromium.org, shree...@samsung.com
I am getting below output. I ran from home and ran from src/.

No command was given.

Choose one of -b, -d, -e, or -r to do something.
Try `/usr/bin/gsutil --help' for more information.

Primiano Tucci

Dec 17, 2014, 8:00:55 AM12/17/14
to Shreeram Kushwaha, Chromium-dev
Ok I think this is your problem: depot_tools is not in front of your PATH, and /usr/bin/gsutil takes precedence.
/usr/bin/gsutil has nothing to do with Google Cloud Storage, it is "GrandStream BudgeTone phone backup"

You have two options here:
1) Remove the BudgeTone tool (sudo dpkg --purge gsutil), assuming you don't actually need it
2) change your env and put depot_tools before /usr/bin

Shreeram Kushwaha

Dec 17, 2014, 8:08:04 AM12/17/14
to chromi...@chromium.org, shree...@samsung.com
This was working till yesterday. I haven't modifed my linux system. Not sure what could be the reason.

Anyways I ll try your steps.

Raphael Kubo da Costa

Dec 17, 2014, 9:45:20 AM12/17/14
to chromi...@chromium.org
Primiano Tucci <prim...@chromium.org> writes:

> Ok I think this is your problem: depot_tools is not in front of your PATH,
> and /usr/bin/gsutil takes precedence.

Actually, I think this is caused by depot_tools r293413, which switched
download_from_google_storage to a vanilla gsutils 4.7.

For people behind corporate proxies, the first thing that needs to be
changed is the usage of urllib instead of urllib2 in gsutils.py (this
has happened before, urllib does not play well with proxies). I have
submitted https://codereview.chromium.org/809053002/ to fix this.

In addition to that, I've also had problems with boto and my proxy: the
Chromium hooks call download_from_google_storage with --no_auth, which
sets BOTO_CONFIG to ''. However, gslib.util.GetNewHttp() uses the boto
configuration to set up the proxy information, so the connections made
by gsutils all time out because the proxy information is not being set.
If setting up boto is now needed, I think we're back to bug 318478.

Primiano Tucci

Dec 17, 2014, 10:57:51 AM12/17/14
to raphael.ku...@intel.com, Chromium-dev, infr...@chromium.org
Ouch, that sounds like that.

+infra-dev: can somebody please take a look here?

Out of curiosity, why do we have all that boilerplate just to download stuff from GCS. That should be just a curl of
Why do we need to invoke gsutil at all for the download part?

cyan

Dec 18, 2014, 4:05:03 AM12/18/14
to chromi...@chromium.org
Meet the exact same issue here, please kindly help to give a fix. :)

Primiano Tucci

Dec 18, 2014, 6:14:39 AM12/18/14
to Sean Yang, Chromium-dev
I landed https://codereview.chromium.org/809053002/ manually.
It should work now. Let us know if it doesn't.

Raphael Kubo da Costa

Dec 18, 2014, 9:29:09 AM12/18/14
to chromi...@chromium.org
Primiano Tucci <prim...@chromium.org> writes:

> I landed https://codereview.chromium.org/809053002/ manually.
> It should work now. Let us know if it doesn't.

Well as I said this only solves half of the problem, at least for people
behind proxies: instead of getting an error message when running the
Chromium hooks, they will now time out instead :-)

The boto vs. download_from_google_storage --no_auth situation still
needs to be solved.

Primiano Tucci

Dec 18, 2014, 10:22:01 AM12/18/14
to raphael.ku...@intel.com, Chromium-dev

(this time from the right address)

ok I am missing something here. are you setting the proxy on the http_proxy (and https)  environment variables? are you saying that gsutil ignores the proxy variables from the environment?

Raphael Kubo da Costa

Dec 18, 2014, 10:42:45 AM12/18/14
to chromi...@chromium.org
Primiano Tucci <prim...@chromium.org> writes:

> (this time from the right address)
>
> ok I am missing something here. are you setting the proxy on the http_proxy
> (and https) environment variables? are you saying that gsutil ignores the
> proxy variables from the environment?

Yes and yes.

See
https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/gsutil/blob/v4.7/gslib/util.py#L392
and
https://github.com/jcgregorio/httplib2/blob/master/python2/httplib2/__init__.py#L1142:
the environment variables will only be read if one does not provide a
custom ProxyInfo, which gslib does.

Probably also relevant: the old gsutil version in depot_tools's
third_party had a patch for crbug.com/318478 that is not present in 4.7.
I haven't checked if it is still needed.

James Robinson

Dec 18, 2014, 12:52:17 PM12/18/14
to prim...@chromium.org, Sean Yang, Chromium-dev
For things on google storage that do not require auth, why aren't we just downloading them over https?

- James

Raphael Kubo da Costa

Dec 18, 2014, 4:40:19 PM12/18/14
to chromi...@chromium.org
James Robinson <jam...@chromium.org> writes:

> For things on google storage that do not require auth, why aren't we just
> downloading them over https?

That's precisely what Primiano asked earlier in this thread (he also
CC'ed infra-dev).

cyan

Dec 19, 2014, 3:27:59 AM12/19/14
to chromi...@chromium.org, cyang...@gmail.com
Looks this issue still exist from my side, the same behavior as before.

Aaron Gable

Dec 19, 2014, 12:37:01 PM12/19/14
to cyang...@gmail.com, chromi...@chromium.org, infr...@chromium.org, hin...@chromium.org
+infr...@chromium.org+Ryan Tseng

Ryan, can you explain the use of gsutil instead of https for downloading publicly accessible items? My guess is that it just simplifies things to be a single code path -- everything gets downloaded via gsutil -- rather than having to know or check which objects are public and which aren't and go through different paths for each.

Aaron

Shreeram Kushwaha

Dec 23, 2014, 12:14:20 AM12/23/14
to chromi...@chromium.org, cyang...@gmail.com
Its working fine now after merging of https://codereview.chromium.org/809053002/.

Thanks a lot.
Message has been deleted

Raphael Kubo da Costa

Dec 29, 2014, 6:36:13 AM12/29/14
to chromi...@chromium.org
Shreeram Kushwaha <shree...@samsung.com> writes:

> Its working fine now after merging of
> https://codereview.chromium.org/809053002/.

For completeness, at least some proxy users (e.g. Intel) are still
affected by this because of the --no_auth issue I mentioned elsewhere in
this thread. We're also tracking this in crbug.com/443523

Ryan Tseng

Dec 29, 2014, 4:36:35 PM12/29/14
to Aaron Gable, cyang...@gmail.com, Chromium-dev, infr...@chromium.org
Correct.  Gsutil is used because it takes care of authentication.  Its silly to reimplement gsutil just for public objects (especially since none of the default python libraries actually does https correctly anyways), and it still wouldn't solve the issue for the auth behind a proxy case.

Its unfortunate the gsutil doesn't respect http_proxy, but for the sake of having an update-to-date gsutil we've committed to using a vanilla version instead of forking and being stuck with an ancient version.  This issue probably has to be taken up with the gsutil team, or we have to monkey patch our version (ugh).

Yuri Wiitala

Dec 29, 2014, 6:54:25 PM12/29/14
to hin...@google.com, Aaron Gable, cyang...@gmail.com, Chromium-dev, infr...@chromium.org
Was this ever fixed?  `gclient sync` hangs forever on this step:

________ running 'download_from_google_storage --no_resume --platform=win32 --no_auth --bucket chromium-gn -s src/buildtools/win/gn.exe.sha1' in '/cygdrive/d/src/chromium'

I have no ~/.boto* files.

Please help: I can't do any build/test work on my Windows machine now.

Ryan Tseng

Dec 29, 2014, 6:56:00 PM12/29/14
to Yuri Wiitala, Aaron Gable, cyang...@gmail.com, Chromium-dev, infr...@chromium.org
Are you behind a proxy?  I just want to know if this is the same issue the intel guys are having

Yuri Wiitala

Dec 29, 2014, 6:56:47 PM12/29/14
to Ryan Tseng, Aaron Gable, cyang...@gmail.com, Chromium-dev, infr...@chromium.org
Not that I'm aware of.  Though, this is a machine on the Google corp network.

Yuri Wiitala

Dec 29, 2014, 7:35:27 PM12/29/14
to Ryan Tseng, Aaron Gable, cyang...@gmail.com, Chromium-dev, infr...@chromium.org
I was able to get src/buildtools/win/gn.exe by manually running `gsutil cp gs://chromium-gn/7a8952c86c3b571246b7dd1dbcbff063e1313350 src/buildtools/win/gn.exe`

Then, `gclient sync` halted on the clang-format.exe download.  So, I ran `gsutil cp gs://chromium-clang-format/18d8ed72ad68fadf95b25a720056df018884fa8e src/buildtools/win/clang-format.exe` to get that.

All said, the problem isn't really fixed since I'll probably have to run `gsutil cp` by hand the next time a binary is rolled.  Let me know if I can do something to help you diagnose/RCR the problem.

Jay

Dec 31, 2014, 12:54:12 AM12/31/14
to chromi...@chromium.org, hin...@chromium.org, aga...@chromium.org, cyang...@gmail.com, infr...@chromium.org
   I met smililar issue on Windows. Does anyone have solutoins? BTW, I used proxy.
  The workaround does not work for me. When I tired "gsutil cp gs://chromium-gn/7a8952c86c3b571246b7dd1dbcbff063e1313350 src/buildtools/win/gn.exe", I got output: "'gsutil' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." issue."
  When I tired "native_client\buildbot\gsutil.sh cp gs://chromium-gn/7a8952c86c3b571246b7dd1dbcbff063e1313350 src/buildtools/win/gn.exe", I got output: "Welcome to Git (version 1.9.4-preview20140929)
Run 'git help git' to display the help index.Run 'git help <command>' to display help for specific commands.
+ '[' xmsys = xcygwin ']'
+ gsutil=/b/build/scripts/slave/gsutil
+ /b/build/scripts/slave/gsutil cp gs://chromium-gn/7a8952c86c3b571246b7dd1dbcbf
f063e1313350 src/buildtools/win/gn.exe"

Shreeram Kushwaha

Dec 31, 2014, 12:59:32 AM12/31/14
to chromi...@chromium.org, hin...@chromium.org, aga...@chromium.org, cyang...@gmail.com, infr...@chromium.org
Its working fine after merging of https://codereview.chromium.org/809053002/.

Could you please update your depot tools to the latest?

Feng, Jay

Dec 31, 2014, 1:28:43 AM12/31/14
to shree...@samsung.com, chromi...@chromium.org, hin...@chromium.org, aga...@chromium.org, cyang...@gmail.com, infr...@chromium.org

Thanks. However it still does not work for me.

Just tried to update my depot tools to latest:

”git clone https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/tools/depot_tools

“gclient”

“gclient sync” and I got:

“________ running 'download_from_google_storage --no_resume --platform=win32 --no

_auth --bucket chromium-gn -s src/buildtools/win/gn.exe.sha1' in 'C:\Users\xfeng

10\Perforce\chromium\src'

0> File gs://chromium-gn/7a8952c86c3b571246b7dd1dbcbff063e1313350 for src/buildt

ools/win/gn.exe does not exist, skipping.

File gs://chromium-gn/7a8952c86c3b571246b7dd1dbcbff063e1313350 for src/buildtool

s/win/gn.exe does not exist.

Error: Command download_from_google_storage --no_resume --platform=win32 --no_au

th --bucket chromium-gn -s src/buildtools/win/gn.exe.sha1 returned non-zero exit

status 1 in C:\Users\xfeng10\Perforce\chromium\src

Hook 'download_from_google_storage --no_resume --platform=win32 --no_auth --buck

et chromium-gn -s src/buildtools/win/gn.exe.sha1' took 331.98 secs”

Shreeram Kushwaha

Dec 31, 2014, 1:30:46 AM12/31/14
to chromi...@chromium.org, shree...@samsung.com, hin...@chromium.org, aga...@chromium.org, cyang...@gmail.com, infr...@chromium.org
Could you please check whether that patch is present or not?

Anyways this problem came on linux for me. Never faced this on windows.

Feng, Jay

Dec 31, 2014, 1:40:44 AM12/31/14
to shree...@samsung.com, chromi...@chromium.org, hin...@chromium.org, aga...@chromium.org, cyang...@gmail.com, infr...@chromium.org

Just checked https://codereview.chromium.org/809053002/ . The latest patches for file “gsutil.py” and file “tests/gsutil_test.py” were included.

Did you also use proxy on Linux?

Thanks,

Jay

Shreeram Kushwaha

Dec 31, 2014, 1:43:18 AM12/31/14
to Feng, Jay, chromi...@chromium.org, hin...@chromium.org, aga...@chromium.org, cyang...@gmail.com, infr...@chromium.org

Yes. I use proxy on Linux. As I m on my company's network.

Dec 31, 2014, 1:50:23 AM12/31/14
to shree...@samsung.com, chromi...@chromium.org, hin...@chromium.org, aga...@chromium.org, cyang...@gmail.com, infr...@chromium.org

Raphael

Dec 31, 2014, 10:53:35 AM12/31/14
to infr...@chromium.org, chromi...@chromium.org
On Monday, 29 December 2014 23:36:02 UTC+2, Ryan Tseng wrote:
Correct.  Gsutil is used because it takes care of authentication.  Its silly to reimplement gsutil just for public objects (especially since none of the default python libraries actually does https correctly anyways), and it still wouldn't solve the issue for the auth behind a proxy case.

Its unfortunate the gsutil doesn't respect http_proxy, but for the sake of having an update-to-date gsutil we've committed to using a vanilla version instead of forking and being stuck with an ancient version.  This issue probably has to be taken up with the gsutil team, or we have to monkey patch our version (ugh).

I've sent https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/gsutil/pull/240 to address this in gsutil.

Jay

Jan 3, 2015, 9:27:08 PM1/3/15
to chromi...@chromium.org, shree...@samsung.com, hin...@chromium.org, aga...@chromium.org, cyang...@gmail.com, infr...@chromium.org
Hi All,

   I tired all workarounds/fixes and the following  method works for me on windows 8.1 behind proxy. Here it is:
   In folder "depot_tools":

# git chekout 4fa73b8ca6899bc69577932b80145a6bf07e4424.

# set DEPOT_TOOLS_UPDATE=0

Thanks!

Xie, William

Jan 6, 2015, 8:39:33 AM1/6/15
to Feng, Jay, shree...@samsung.com, chromi...@chromium.org, hin...@chromium.org, aga...@chromium.org, cyang...@gmail.com, infr...@chromium.org

Hi,

Any update on this sync issue?

William

Primiano Tucci

Jan 9, 2015, 12:22:35 PM1/9/15
to Xie, William, Feng, Jay, shree...@samsung.com, chromi...@chromium.org, hin...@chromium.org, aga...@chromium.org, cyang...@gmail.com, infr...@chromium.org
Raphael has a CL under review here which should fix it

Can you maybe try it locally and give some early feedback ?

Xie, William

Jan 11, 2015, 7:50:50 PM1/11/15
to Primiano Tucci, Feng, Jay, shree...@samsung.com, chromi...@chromium.org, hin...@chromium.org, aga...@chromium.org, cyang...@gmail.com, infr...@chromium.org

It works for me.

Thank you for the fix.

William

Image removed by sender.

Raphael

Jan 16, 2015, 12:15:13 PM1/16/15
to infr...@chromium.org, chromi...@chromium.org
So in case you haven't been following crbug.com/443523, mmoss landed his version of a fix for the gclient sync issue that had been plaguing proxy users since early December.

If you are behind a network proxy, create a Boto file somewhere with the following contents:
[Boto]
proxy_port = 1234

Optionally, you can also set proxy_user and proxy_pass.

After that, set the NO_AUTH_BOTO_CONFIG environment variable to /path/to/your/boto/file. gclient sync (actually, download_from_google_storage) should work fine after that.

The solution that we've landed in depot_tools is a band-aid one; according to the last posts in https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/gsutil/issues/241, the gsutil people finally decided to implement proper support for proxy environment variables, but we still don't know when version 4.8 will be released -- once that happens, we can switch to it and remove the workaround in depot_tools.

Meghana Prashanth

Feb 5, 2015, 7:13:18 AM2/5/15
to chromi...@chromium.org, infr...@chromium.org
I am seeing this issue only while running the command through Jenkins. Sync proceeds fine when run manually on the machine.Jenkins server connects to the mac/linux slave via SSH.Also, the two hosts are only one hop away from each other and there isn't any firewall/proxy between them. The traffic out to internet takes normal corporate internet path via corporate internet firewall from both the hosts.

Would anyone here help me with understanding why I am seeing this failure only in case of Jenkins.

Li Yin

Feb 6, 2015, 4:12:53 AM2/6/15
to chromi...@chromium.org, shree...@samsung.com, hin...@chromium.org, aga...@chromium.org, cyang...@gmail.com, infr...@chromium.org, jay....@intel.com
I was trying this workaround, but unfortunately, it still failed with different failed output.
By the way. I am not using http proxy.

The failed information can be found:
________ running 'download_from_google_storage --no_resume --platform=linux* --bucket chromium-gn -s src/buildtools/linux32/gn.sha1' in '/home/liyin/projects/chromium'
Failure: Host storage.googleapis.com returned an invalid certificate (remote hostname "storage.googleapis.com" does not match certificate): {'notAfter': 'Apr 29 00:00:00 2015 GMT', 'subjectAltName': (('DNS', 'www.google.com'),), 'subject': ((('countryName', u'US'),), (('stateOrProvinceName', u'California'),), (('localityName', u'Mountain View'),), (('organizationName', u'Google Inc'),), (('commonName', u'www.google.com'),))}.

在 2015年1月4日星期日 UTC+8上午10:27:08,Jay写道:

Primiano Tucci

Feb 6, 2015, 4:52:58 AM2/6/15
to Li Yin, Chromium-dev, Shreeram Kushwaha, Ryan Tseng, Aaron Gable, Sean Yang, infr...@chromium.org, Feng, Jay
Hmm it feels like something in your path is mangling the storage.googleapis.com certificate.

Can I ask you what is the output of the following command?

$ openssl s_client -connect storage.googleapis.com:443 < /dev/null

Li Yin

Feb 6, 2015, 5:09:12 AM2/6/15
to chromi...@chromium.org, yl0...@gmail.com, shree...@samsung.com, hin...@chromium.org, aga...@chromium.org, cyang...@gmail.com, infr...@chromium.org, jay....@intel.com
CONNECTED(00000003)
depth=2 C = US, O = GeoTrust Inc., CN = GeoTrust Global CA
verify error:num=20:unable to get local issuer certificate
verify return:0
---
Certificate chain
 0 s:/C=US/ST=California/L=Mountain View/O=Google Inc/CN=www.google.com
   i:/C=US/O=Google Inc/CN=Google Internet Authority G2
 1 s:/C=US/O=Google Inc/CN=Google Internet Authority G2
   i:/C=US/O=GeoTrust Inc./CN=GeoTrust Global CA
 2 s:/C=US/O=GeoTrust Inc./CN=GeoTrust Global CA
   i:/C=US/O=Equifax/OU=Equifax Secure Certificate Authority
---
Server certificate
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
*********
-----END CERTIFICATE-----
subject=/C=US/ST=California/L=Mountain View/O=Google Inc/CN=www.google.com
issuer=/C=US/O=Google Inc/CN=Google Internet Authority G2
---
No client certificate CA names sent
---
---
New, TLSv1/SSLv3, Cipher is ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA
Server public key is 2048 bit
Secure Renegotiation IS supported
Compression: NONE
Expansion: NONE
SSL-Session:
    Protocol  : TLSv1.1
    Cipher    : ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA
*******
Start Time: 1423216860
    Timeout   : 300 (sec)
    Verify return code: 20 (unable to get local issuer certificate)
---
DONE

Is it okay to get the root cause? Thanks in advance.

在 2015年2月6日星期五 UTC+8下午5:52:58,Primiano Tucci写道:

Primiano Tucci

Feb 6, 2015, 5:35:04 AM2/6/15
to Li Yin, Chromium-dev, Shreeram Kushwaha, Ryan Tseng, Aaron Gable, Sean Yang, infr...@chromium.org, Feng, Jay
Actually the interesting part was the one you omitted between -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE---- and ---END CERTIFICATE---
Furthermore my command line argument was not correct (didn't think about SNI)
Can you retry with openssl s_client -connect storage.googleapis.com:443 -servername storage.googleapis.com < /dev/null

Also, it is possible that the problem here is not the certificate itself but your version of python (or related libraries) too old.
Can you also tell us what is the output of python --version

Also, can you make sure that depot_tools are in from of your PATH (i.e. what is the output of echo $PATH)?
It is possible that you have an older version of gsutil (or dependent library) in your path which is outdated.

Li Yin

Feb 6, 2015, 6:19:20 AM2/6/15
to chromi...@chromium.org, yl0...@gmail.com, shree...@samsung.com, hin...@chromium.org, aga...@chromium.org, cyang...@gmail.com, infr...@chromium.org, jay....@intel.com
CONNECTED(00000003)
depth=2 C = US, O = GeoTrust Inc., CN = GeoTrust Global CA
verify error:num=20:unable to get local issuer certificate
verify return:0
---
Certificate chain
 0 s:/C=US/ST=California/L=Mountain View/O=Google Inc/CN=*.googleusercontent.com
   i:/C=US/O=Google Inc/CN=Google Internet Authority G2
 1 s:/C=US/O=Google Inc/CN=Google Internet Authority G2
   i:/C=US/O=GeoTrust Inc./CN=GeoTrust Global CA
 2 s:/C=US/O=GeoTrust Inc./CN=GeoTrust Global CA
   i:/C=US/O=Equifax/OU=Equifax Secure Certificate Authority
---
Server certificate
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----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-----END CERTIFICATE-----
subject=/C=US/ST=California/L=Mountain View/O=Google Inc/CN=*.googleusercontent.com
issuer=/C=US/O=Google Inc/CN=Google Internet Authority G2
---
No client certificate CA names sent
---
---
New, TLSv1/SSLv3, Cipher is ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-SHA
Server public key is 256 bit
Secure Renegotiation IS supported
Compression: NONE
Expansion: NONE
SSL-Session:
    Protocol  : TLSv1.1
    Cipher    : ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-SHA
    Session-ID: 66E6B2C483BDBBCAA9F1F078F2960C020D8ACDA86722497F7B9D8099ED3A4864
    Session-ID-ctx:
    Master-Key: 10828DB303B43998028B0220A38B493C827970542CCE1D33E3B01EE05C26877880C98A7978D0D0E2AFEA8AB3E718000F
    Key-Arg   : None
    PSK identity: None
    PSK identity hint: None
    SRP username: None
    TLS session ticket lifetime hint: 100800 (seconds)
    TLS session ticket:
    0000 - f3 dc 33 1b bb 96 a2 f1-24 5c 79 e6 a1 0f d2 1a   ..3.....$\y.....
    0010 - 68 7a 36 b8 e7 d3 9d cc-98 8e 22 ae 1a b8 56 90   hz6......."...V.
    0020 - 0d 8a 85 5e c2 79 0b 26-4d 32 54 57 4d 4a 1b ef   ...^.y.&M2TWMJ..
    0030 - b4 57 88 51 a2 f7 94 76-2b fb e3 58 f1 28 c9 1f   .W.Q...v+..X.(..
    0040 - 67 3c 03 f4 da 2a 73 82-99 7a 0c 0f bb 9f 78 89   g<...*s..z....x.
    0050 - 5d 34 45 95 93 bc 87 ae-d4 f1 4b 1a f1 0a cb be   ]4E.......K.....
    0060 - 66 23 80 cf 27 88 ba fe-6d 31 86 0a 85 90 73 ab   f#..'...m1....s.
    0070 - 76 33 09 4f ea ce 26 b5-d9 a3 97 f9 10 48 d0 eb   v3.O..&......H..
    0080 - eb b6 02 ab 04 9c db ee-7a ed 6f c9 e1 b7 18 b6   ........z.o.....
    0090 - d5 77 b8 67 dd 0c 11 d3-39 41 47 c8 48 d9 08 3c   .w.g....9AG.H..<
    00a0 - 74 d7 57 f8 cb eb 19 05-cf 76 4f 97 af 73 6f 15   t.W......vO..so.
    00b0 - 9b ac c3 9e                                       ....

    Start Time: 1423221043
    Timeout   : 300 (sec)
    Verify return code: 20 (unable to get local issuer certificate)
---
DONE

Yes, the depot_tools is at the front of PATH.
/home/liyin/projects/chromium/depot_tools:/home/liyin/projects/chromium/src/third_party/android_tools/sdk/tools:....

The version of python is Python 2.7.3

About gsutil library, the gsutil under depot_tools directory should be used. The output of "gsutil.py version" command:
gsutil version 3.25
checksum 3145f0d493fab7b140f4010874409273 (!= c9cffb512f467c0aa54880788b9ee6ca)
boto version 2.8.0-dev
python version 2.7.3 (default, Feb 27 2014, 19:58:35)
[GCC 4.6.3]
config path: no config found
gsutil path: /home/liyin/projects/chromium/depot_tools/third_party/gsutil/gsutil

Thanks.

在 2015年2月6日星期五 UTC+8下午6:35:04,Primiano Tucci写道:

Primiano Tucci

Feb 6, 2015, 6:31:50 AM2/6/15
to Li Yin, Chromium-dev, Shreeram Kushwaha, Ryan Tseng, Aaron Gable, Sean Yang, infr...@chromium.org, Feng, Jay
The certificate seems right (I get the same one).
The version of gsutil / boto also (same here).
At this point it sounds like your system configuration doesn't support SNI (SSL server-name indication) and you receive the wrong cert form gsutil.

Which version of Linux are you running? What is the version of openssl?
If you run directly gsutil (From the same path), e.g.,
gsutil cp gs://chromium-gn/f62a6b6e14c39aa4e4bc2a19a2184877c9488e1e /tmp/test
does it suceed?

Any gsutil / python expert here? Does python 2.7 dynamically link openssl?
It might be that your version of python / openssl doesn't support SNI and you fail to get the propert certificate through python)

Not sure if this helps, might be worth taking a look

Li Yin

Feb 6, 2015, 6:48:22 AM2/6/15
to chromi...@chromium.org, yl0...@gmail.com, shree...@samsung.com, hin...@chromium.org, aga...@chromium.org, cyang...@gmail.com, infr...@chromium.org, jay....@intel.com
I am using Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit. What about the chromium official building OS? Ubuntu 14?

The command "gsutil cp gs://chromium-gn/f62a6b6e14c39aa4e4bc2a19a2184877c9488e1e /tmp/test" got failed.
Failure: Host storage.googleapis.com returned an invalid certificate (remote hostname "storage.googleapis.com" does not match certificate): {'notAfter': 'Apr 29 00:00:00 2015 GMT', 'subjectAltName': (('DNS', 'www.google.com'),), 'subject': ((('countryName', u'US'),), (('stateOrProvinceName', u'California'),), (('localityName', u'Mountain View'),), (('organizationName', u'Google Inc'),), (('commonName', u'www.google.com'),))}.

Thanks.

在 2015年2月6日星期五 UTC+8下午7:31:50,Primiano Tucci写道:
The certificate seems right (I get the same one).
The version of gsutil / boto also (same here).
At this point it sounds like your system configuration doesn't support SNI (SSL server-name indication) and you receive the wrong cert form gsutil.

Which version of Linux are you running? What is the version of openssl?
If you run directly gsutil (From the same path), e.g.,
gsutil cp gs://chromium-gn/f62a6b6e14c39aa4e4bc2a19a2184877c9488e1e /tmp/test
does it suceed?

Any gsutil / python expert here? Does python 2.7 dynamically link openssl?
It might be that your version of python / openssl doesn't support SNI and you fail to get the propert certificate through python)

Not sure if this helps, might be worth taking a look
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "infra-dev" group.

Li Yin

Feb 6, 2015, 6:50:18 AM2/6/15
to chromi...@chromium.org, yl0...@gmail.com, shree...@samsung.com, hin...@chromium.org, aga...@chromium.org, cyang...@gmail.com, infr...@chromium.org, jay....@intel.com
OpenSSL version: OpenSSL 1.0.1 14 Mar 2012

在 2015年2月6日星期五 UTC+8下午7:48:22,Li Yin写道:

Primiano Tucci

Feb 6, 2015, 9:19:16 AM2/6/15
to Li Yin, Chromium-dev, Shreeram Kushwaha, Ryan Tseng, Aaron Gable, Sean Yang, infr...@chromium.org, Feng, Jay
Hmm looking at [1] your problem might be just the version of python too old and not having the proper ca certs (or you / something you installed messed around with them).

Try to upgrade to a more recent version of python (2.7.6 here) or restore the original cacerts.txt.

Adnan Ahmed

Feb 13, 2015, 3:31:04 PM2/13/15
to chromi...@chromium.org, yl0...@gmail.com, shree...@samsung.com, hin...@chromium.org, aga...@chromium.org, cyang...@gmail.com, infr...@chromium.org, jay....@intel.com
Hello,

I am facing the same issue when trying to fetch on Emulab
________ running 'download_from_google_storage --no_resume --platform=linux* --no_auth --bucket chromium-gn -s src/buildtools/linux32/gn.sha1' in '/users/lums204/quic/chr'
File gs://chromium-gn/2e23cfba3baf503b9f81d3365c4f09770ff48a9a for src/buildtools/linux32/gn does not exist.
0> File gs://chromium-gn/2e23cfba3baf503b9f81d3365c4f09770ff48a9a for src/buildtools/linux32/gn does not exist, skipping.

Benjamin

Feb 21, 2015, 11:20:56 PM2/21/15
to chromi...@chromium.org
Hi,
I am facing the same issue when trying to "gclient sync":

________ running 'download_from_google_storage --no_resume --platform=darwin --no_auth --bucket chromium-gn -s src/buildtools/mac/gn.sha1' in '/Users/mypath'

File gs://chromium-gn/d39267758751cd25e1edc1418975d286afdff02d for src/buildtools/mac/gn does not exist.

0> File gs://chromium-gn/d39267758751cd25e1edc1418975d286afdff02d for src/buildtools/mac/gn does not exist, skipping.

Error: Command download_from_google_storage --no_resume --platform=darwin --no_auth --bucket chromium-gn -s src/buildtools/mac/gn.sha1 returned non-zero exit status 1 in /Users/mypath

What should I do?

Thanks
Benjamin

在 2014年12月17日星期三 UTC+8下午6:30:11,Shreeram Kushwaha写道:

Adnan Ahmed

Feb 22, 2015, 1:41:56 AM2/22/15
to bingy...@gmail.com, chromi...@chromium.org
what I did to fix that was that I manually downloaded the files by the following command:

gsutil.py cp gs://chromium-gn/d39267758751cd25e1edc1418975d286afdff02d src/buildtools/mac/gn

assuming you have already exported the path to depot_tools. It then moved on to other files on the next run of gclient sync.
Hope it solves your issue

Meghana Prashanth

May 21, 2015, 6:48:38 AM5/21/15
to chromi...@chromium.org, bingy...@gmail.com
I looked into this issue and found that sync proceeds fine when it is unable to load the AWS credential file. I am seeing this error with gclient sync only when it loads the AWS credential file successfully.
   Removing the AWS validation from boto's config.py should fix these errors.

Benjamin

May 24, 2015, 12:11:42 PM5/24/15
to chromi...@chromium.org, bingy...@gmail.com
Where is the boto's config.py? And what can I do?

在 2015年5月21日星期四 UTC+8下午6:48:38,Meghana Prashanth写道: