How to get the source code of the chromium of the specified revision

Norimitsu Sugiyama

May 15, 2014, 8:35:56 AM5/15/14
to chromi...@chromium.org
I'd like to get the source code of the chromium 34.0.1847.xxx.
Could anybody show me how to do it ?
BTW, I'm not a committer.

Primiano Tucci

May 15, 2014, 9:16:00 AM5/15/14
to s.nori...@gmail.com, Chromium-dev
I think that if you search into the chromium-dev history, this question has been asked (and answered) on a monthly basis in the last M months with M arbitrarily large. ;-)

BTW, the answer is:
gclient config http://src.chromium.org/chrome/releases/34.0.1847.9
gclient sync --jobs 16
I've just updated our docs

Norimitsu Sugiyama

May 15, 2014, 9:40:18 AM5/15/14
to chromi...@chromium.org
Thank you for your information.
Sorry, I couldn't find that information by myself.

Shezan Baig

May 16, 2014, 9:43:01 AM5/16/14
to chromi...@chromium.org, s.nori...@gmail.com
On Thursday, May 15, 2014 9:16:00 AM UTC-4, Primiano Tucci wrote:
BTW, the answer is:
gclient config http://src.chromium.org/chrome/releases/34.0.1847.9
gclient sync --jobs 16
I've just updated our docs

Hi Primiano, really appreciate your answers.

Just one question: Will this answer remain correct even after the migration to git?

Sorry, another question :)  Will this work for older (svn-based) release branches after the migration?  I'd imagine the svn-related stuff will need to be kept in gclient for it to continue working, no?

Thanks!  -shez-

Primiano Tucci

May 16, 2014, 9:55:45 AM5/16/14
to shezb...@gmail.com, Chromium-dev, s.nori...@gmail.com
> Just one question: Will this answer remain correct even after the migration to git?

This is one of the big questions of the humanity:
Where do we come from? What are we? What will happen after the migration to git? ;-)

Joking aside, I don't really know but I'm curious as well about the answer.

> I'd imagine the svn-related stuff will need to be kept in gclient for it to continue working, no?

I'm just pretty confident that in a way or another the code (including the past releases) will appear somewhere at some point.
I realize that that is not really an answer to your question, or not the answer you were looking for. Let's wait for more illustrious people to shed light on our paths. :)

Michael Moss

May 22, 2014, 11:28:34 AM5/22/14
to Primiano Tucci, shezb...@gmail.com, Chromium-dev, s.nori...@gmail.com
Please see related discussion in https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/d/topic/chromium-dev/1iNTFLNjUQo/discussion

tl;dr, the following should work for releases cut since Tues:

[assumes you already have a git checkout from http://dev.chromium.org/developers/how-tos/get-the-code]
cd src
git checkout <recent release tag>  # e.g. "git checkout tags/37.0.2007.0"
gclient sync

Old releases will also be supported, but are not ready yet.