Raise Quota at Speech API?

Lydia

Mar 21, 2013, 11:57:18 AM3/21/13
to chromi...@chromium.org
Hello everyone,

I am having the following problem: The Speech API allows only 50 requests per day (courtesy quota), but I need more. So I click on the 'request more'-button, it directs me to a site telling me I needed permission to access this item and I click on the 'request access'-button, but at the end of the day nothing happens. I am still allowed only 50 requests per day. (I tried this a few times always with the same result.)
Do you have any experience with this or could tell me how to get more than 50 requests per day? (There is no billing option, so no chance there.)

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,
Lydia

mone...@abdicar.com

Jan 21, 2014, 4:20:08 PM1/21/14
to chromi...@chromium.org
I'm having the same issue Lydia. Did you solve this? Or did you move to other API? If so, what's the name?

ami...@architectpack.com

May 24, 2014, 8:46:17 AM5/24/14
to chromi...@chromium.org
I am also facing the same problem; my application need Voice to Text services and I am willing to even pay for Google API. Any luck guys?

Glen Shires

May 24, 2014, 2:00:09 PM5/24/14
to ami...@architectpack.com, chromi...@chromium.org
Yes, a key is required for the HTTPS Speech API and it is limited to 50 requests per day. It is only available for development and personal use.  We currently do not offer additional quota nor the ability to pay for additional quota.

However, for Android and Chrome applications, Google speech recognition and speech synthesis are available without this limit:
  • JavaScript Web Speech API: available to websites running on Chrome (Desktop and Android): Docs, Tutorials ASR, TTS. It's free to use providing you abide by the Chrome Terms of Service. (See Chrome's "About Google Chrome" menu).
  • Java Android Speech API: available to Android Apps: the Android SDK includes speech: DocsASRTTS. It's free to use providing you abide by the Android Terms of Service.

Denis Camp

Aug 5, 2014, 4:11:45 AM8/5/14
to chromi...@chromium.org
I also need a definitive answer for Lydia's question.

I am hoping Google is waiting to see if there is enough of a demand and to see if V2 is stable.
So far my development efforts are looking very positive, so let me add my request for Google to move quickly to increasing the free daily limit to 1000 and put a price on heavier use. I would be happy to belly up and pay a reasonable fee.

Ryan Sleevi

Aug 5, 2014, 4:54:44 AM8/5/14
to denis...@gmail.com, Chromium-dev

On Aug 5, 2014 1:12 AM, "Denis Camp" <denis...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I also need a definitive answer for Lydia's question.

Glen gave a pretty definitive answer, here, and its come up enough on the mailing list that you can see it is also a consistent answer.

Melroy van den Berg

Sep 15, 2014, 8:52:50 AM9/15/14
to chromi...@chromium.org, denis...@gmail.com, rsl...@chromium.org
Really too bad there is really no option at all to get more requests/day, than I will not choice to implement Google Voice recognition within my code at all.
 Too bad.

E. Timothy Uy

Mar 14, 2015, 2:33:10 PM3/14/15
to chromi...@chromium.org
It is 2015 and that web form still doesn't work.

Glen Shires

Brett Kokinadis

Oct 22, 2015, 2:19:07 AM10/22/15
to Chromium-dev