GN build stuff on hold

Brett Wilson

Mar 3, 2014, 7:04:50 PM3/3/14
to Chromium-dev
I'm putting the GN build stuff some of you may be aware of on ice
pending getting more interest or more resources.

I'm going to remove the hooks for downloading the binary and running
inside of gyp_chromium for now so it doesn't slow down people's
checkout. But I will keep the code and current BUILD files for now so
we can restart. If in a quarter or so we don't have a good plan to
restart I'll clean up that stuff so it doesn't confuse people.

Thanks to the people that helped,
Brett

Joe Nosay

Mar 3, 2014, 7:14:00 PM3/3/14
to bre...@chromium.org, Chromium-dev

Since I seem to be setting up a developing environment using chromium as one of the parts, would it still be accessible through a git pull?