Does anyone use the 32-bit asan runtime on Windows?

Nico Weber

May 28, 2019, 2:49:59 PM5/28/19
to Chromium-dev, Hans Wennborg, Łukasz Bendig
Hi,

we're currently cleaning up our toolchain packaging scripts, and building the 32-bit asan runtime is a minor nuisance. Given recent reports that the 32-bit asan runtime might not work [1]: Does anyone use the 32-bit asan runtime on Windows?

If so, we can keep shipping it. If not, we'd like to try to stop shipping it.

Thanks,
Nico

Łukasz Bendig

May 28, 2019, 3:44:30 PM5/28/19
to Nico Weber, Chromium-dev, Hans Wennborg
Hi Nico,

eventually, we have decided to stop using it too so no more need from our side.

Best Regards,
Łukasz Bendig.

Nico Weber

May 29, 2019, 7:11:11 PM5/29/19
to Łukasz Bendig, Chromium-dev, Hans Wennborg
We've removed the 32-bit win/asan libraries in https://chromium-review.googlesource.com/c/chromium/src/+/1635410/ (and the 32-bit linux/asan libraries as well while we were at it). If this inconveniences anyone, please let us know.

Richard Townsend

May 30, 2019, 8:12:42 AM5/30/19
to Chromium-dev, lbe...@opera.com, ha...@chromium.org
So it turns out that this makes CFI builder bots fail, because clang_rt.asan_dynamic-i386.dll is no longer built, and there isn't something else built that can easily replace it (tracking bug). So unfortunately, I think ASAN does need to be built (at least for now) to keep CFI working.

Best
Richard

Inferno

May 30, 2019, 8:20:14 PM5/30/19