Error while uploading new extension: Gallery system error, please try again later.

Torrent Stream

May 29, 2012, 10:42:46 AM5/29/12
to Chromium Apps
We are trying to upload a previously packaged extension to the Chrome
Web
Store. There is a private key named key.pem in the zip-file. After
trying to upload zip-file we get an error: "Gallery system error,
please try again later".

We have tried to remove key.pem from the zip-file and upload an
extension - it was uploaded without errors but with another extension
id.
We need to keep the extension id unchanged because a lot of users have
already installed our extensions.

How can we upload our extension?
We can provide the package for testing if this will help to solve the
problem.

Torrent Stream

Jun 5, 2012, 8:56:46 AM6/5/12
to Chromium Apps
Please, help us with our problem! We need to update our extension.

Torrent Stream

Paul Kinlan

Jun 6, 2012, 6:46:00 AM6/6/12
to Torrent Stream, chromi...@chromium.org
Hi,

Can you send me a copy of the zip file that you are trying to upload.

Paul Kinlan
Developer Advocate @ Google for Chrome and HTML5

Vasanth

Jul 11, 2012, 8:39:24 AM7/11/12
to chromi...@chromium.org, Torrent Stream
Hi Paul,
  You got any work around for this issue ?

Many other developers too having the same issue :(

Thanks,
Vasanth Govind

@vasanthG

On Wednesday, June 6, 2012 4:16:00 PM UTC+5:30, Paul Kinlan wrote:
Hi,

Can you send me a copy of the zip file that you are trying to upload.

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 2:07 PM, Torrent Stream <tsvi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello!

We are trying to upload a previously packaged extension to the Chrome
Web Store. There is a private key named key.pem in the zip-file. After
trying to upload zip-file we get an error: "Gallery system error,
please try again later".

We have tried to remove key.pem from the zip-file and upload an
extension - it was uploaded without errors but with another extension
id. We need to keep the extension id unchanged because a lot of users have
already installed our extensions.

How can we upload our extension?
We can provide the package for testing if this will help to solve the
problem.

Thank you!

Qian Huang

Aug 1, 2012, 6:39:24 PM8/1/12
to chromi...@chromium.org
Chrome Web Store does not allow duplicate upload even after deletion, we reserve the ID forever, however we do not have clear message indicating this so people delete item casually, we have improved the message. This has become a common problem as Chrome M21 forbids apps installation from outside of CWS, we should communicate this better.

If you have strong reason to need the item id back (such as you have already been distributing the item under the ID for a long time), please post your item ID and CWS account email at http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=138706 and we can try do a manual recover for you as an exception.

Sorry for this inconvenience.