Intent to Implement and Ship: expose RTCDataChannelEvent and RTCDataChannel

Luna

Nov 8, 2016, 4:14:41 PM11/8/16
to blink-dev
Spec:
Expose RTCDataChannel and RTCDataChannelEvent (with a constructor for RTCDataChannelEvent)

Link to "intent to implement" blink-dev discussion:
This does not affect which events are fired, it means only that the RTCDataChannelEvent interface is exposed and can be used as a constructor.

Is this feature supported on all six Blink platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome OS, Android, and Android WebView)?
Yes

Interoperability and Compatibility Risk
Firefox has this (but they need to update their idl to sync with the most recent spec)

OWP launch tracking bug

Entry on the feature dashboard
No entry was added for RTCDataChannel because it was merely exposed and nothing else about it will change. Because it has no constructor, there isn't much one can do with the RTCDataChannel interface object.

Philip Jägenstedt

Nov 8, 2016, 4:25:40 PM11/8/16
to Luna, blink-dev
Oops, spec links went missing:
https://w3c.github.io/webrtc-pc/#idl-def-rtcdatachannel
https://w3c.github.io/webrtc-pc/#idl-def-rtcdatachannelevent

I filed the bug for exposing these based on looking at window.*RTC* in other browsers. That makes me partial, but I believe this is trivial, so LGTM1.

Rick Byers

Nov 9, 2016, 7:59:43 PM11/9/16
to Philip Jägenstedt, Luna, blink-dev
LGTM2

Chris Harrelson

Nov 11, 2016, 5:26:09 PM11/11/16
to Rick Byers, Philip Jägenstedt, Luna, blink-dev
LGTM3

LGTM2