Intent to Implement: Window postMessage with options

Dave Tapuska

Jul 9, 2018, 6:38:48 PM7/9/18
to blink-dev
dtap...@chromium.org
https://github.com/whatwg/html/pull/3800 https://github.com/dtapuska/useractivation Add a new Window.postMessage override that takes a dictionary as a 3rd argument. In order to add additional arguments to postMessage a dictionary should be allowed to be passed in, this provides for maximum flexibility. It also aligns the other types of post message to the following pattern (message, transferrables, options)
We'd like to be able to optionally specify if an iframe can propagate it's user activation information to the receiver of the postMessage. In order to do this we feel we need to add an argument to postMessage. Since postMessage doesn't take a dictionary this is a stepping stone in doing that.
Firefox: No public signals Edge: No public signals Safari: No public signals Web developers: No signals Low. Detecting presence of the new API is easy by checking the length of the function. None
Yes https://crbug.com/861735 https://www.chromestatus.com/features/5548196159815680
No