Intent to Ship: Fire visibilitychange event on document unloading

61 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Kinuko Yasuda

ungelesen,
09.11.2016, 00:25:1209.11.16
an blink-dev

Contact emails:

kin...@chromium.orgigri...@chromium.org

Spec:

http://w3c.github.io/page-visibility/

Visibilitychange event should fire as part of unload process and document.visibilityState should report ‘hidden’.

(A little more context: the feature has been implemented on 2016 Mar behind the flag, since then there has been some discussion on how we could change the implementation to safely support the feature on iframe removal, but we concluded that probably shipping this as is, i.e. firing the event at the same timing as the existing unload event with various protections, and then continue addressing code health issues separately, would be beneficial for achieving platform health.)

Link to “Intent to Implement” blink-dev discussion:

https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/d/msg/blink-dev/sBHPRkLbF-E/yWJ4dJ6CBAAJ

Is this feature supported on all six Blink platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome OS, Android, and Android WebView)?

Yes.

Interoperability and Compatibility Risk:

Low.  FireFox is already shipping this feature, Edge has filed an issue on its bug tracker and showing interest.

OWP launch tracking bug:

https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=594049

Entry on the feature dashboard:

https://www.chromestatus.com/features/5758579827015680

Ilya Grigorik

ungelesen,
09.11.2016, 10:58:3409.11.16
an Kinuko Yasuda, blink-dev
This has been a long-standing developer annoyance / platform gotcha.. Super excited to have this fixed!

ig

On Tue, Nov 8, 2016 at 9:24 PM, Kinuko Yasuda <kin...@chromium.org> wrote:

Dimitri Glazkov

ungelesen,
09.11.2016, 11:38:4209.11.16
an Ilya Grigorik, Kinuko Yasuda, blink-dev
LGTM1.

On Wed, Nov 9, 2016 at 7:58 AM 'Ilya Grigorik' via blink-dev <blin...@chromium.org> wrote:
This has been a long-standing developer annoyance / platform gotcha.. Super excited to have this fixed!

ig
On Tue, Nov 8, 2016 at 9:24 PM, Kinuko Yasuda <kin...@chromium.org> wrote:

Chris Harrelson

ungelesen,
09.11.2016, 12:35:3409.11.16
an Dimitri Glazkov, Ilya Grigorik, Kinuko Yasuda, blink-dev
LGTM2

On Wed, Nov 9, 2016 at 8:38 AM, Dimitri Glazkov <dgla...@chromium.org> wrote:
[...]

Rick Byers

ungelesen,
09.11.2016, 19:33:4609.11.16
an Chris Harrelson, Dimitri Glazkov, Ilya Grigorik, Kinuko Yasuda, blink-dev
LGTM3
Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor
Weiterleiten