Intent to Implement and Ship: getAttributeNames() of Element interface

TAMURA, Kent

May 29, 2017, 9:01:31 PM5/29/17
to blink-dev
Contact emails

Spec

Summary
getAttributeNames() is a function to rerun a list of attribute names of an element.

Motivation
getAttributeNames() enables to iterate over all attributes without using Attr interface.
Two major browsers already shipped this function.

Interoperability and Compatibility Risk
Very low.  This is a new function of an existing interface, and two major browsers shipped it.

Edge: No signals
Firefox: Shipped/
Safari: Shipped/
Web developers: No signals

Ongoing technical constraints
None.

Yes.

Yes.
http://w3c-test.org/dom/nodes/attributes.html includes tests for getAttributeNames().

OWP launch tracking bug

Link to entry on the feature dashboard

Requesting approval to ship?
Yes.

--
TAMURA Kent
Software Engineer, Google

Jochen Eisinger

May 30, 2017, 9:27:01 AM5/30/17
to TAMURA, Kent, blink-dev
lgtm1

Philip Jägenstedt

Jun 1, 2017, 8:34:22 AM6/1/17
to Jochen Eisinger, TAMURA, Kent, blink-dev

Philip Jägenstedt

Jun 1, 2017, 8:35:00 AM6/1/17
to Jochen Eisinger, TAMURA, Kent, blink-dev, John....@microsoft.com
Oh, can you also file an Edge bug for this since they'll be the last to not support it? +John Jansen FYI.

Chris Harrelson

Jun 1, 2017, 1:17:55 PM6/1/17
to Philip Jägenstedt, Jochen Eisinger, TAMURA, Kent, blink-dev, John....@microsoft.com
LGTM3

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/d/msgid/blink-dev/CAARdPYdrs2aTHwLJPRzwUra_9Kw5PQ2TtUG4m6uFOZRYJAObEw%40mail.gmail.com.

John Jansen

Jun 1, 2017, 1:19:24 PM6/1/17
to Chris Harrelson, Philip Jägenstedt, Jochen Eisinger, TAMURA, Kent, blink-dev

Please send me a link to the bug for Edge when it gets logged. Thanks.

TAMURA, Kent

Jun 12, 2017, 3:36:11 AM6/12/17
to John Jansen, blink-dev
Google Chrome 61 Canary has the feature, and I have filed an Edge issue:

LGTM3

TBhkmlyu78NTH

Sep 11, 2017, 7:37:31 PM9/11/17
to blink-dev