staying civil WAS: Intent to Implement and ship: brand-color meta tag

Ojan Vafai

Jun 23, 2014, 12:20:11 AM6/23/14
to Mark Pilgrim, blink-dev, klo...@chromium.org
Please don't do this on blink-dev.

We'd like to maintain a culture where people can comfortably contribute to blink-dev without fear of getting lambasted. I think most people on this list would agree that we don't want to work in an environment where people are mean to each other. You can strongly disagree, but please do so in the context of a constructive criticism. If you can't do that, please take your comment elsewhere.

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 11:28 AM, Mark Pilgrim <pil...@chromium.org> wrote:
What the actual fuck.

On Thursday, June 12, 2014 2:17:06 PM UTC-4, Tao Bai wrote:

Spec

brand-color

The content attribute can be any named color or hex color value, the agent could adjust the color if it is not proper for display, i.e. extremely bright.

Summary

The brand-color is the color of the brand, browser may use it when a distinct color representation is needed.

Motivation

Supporting brand-color gives great user experience. IE 10 has meta tag mapplication-navbutton-color, Apple has apple-mobile-web-app-status-bar-style, they are similar to brand-color, but use in different places.

Compatibility Risk

Low.

Ongoing technical constraints

None.

Will this feature be supported on all five Blink platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome OS and Android)?

No, only be supported on Android, I didn’t see the reason for other platforms need this features.

OWP launch tracking bug?

https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=383941.

Link to entry on the feature dashboard

http://www.chromestatus.com/features/5398016231997440