Intent to Ship: Optional catch binding

Sathya Gunasekaran

Jan 18, 2018, 3:20:15 PM1/18/18
to v8-users, blink-dev
Contact Emails:
gsa...@chromium.org
bak...@gmail.com

Spec:
https://tc39.github.io/proposal-optional-catch-binding/

Interoperability and Compatibility Risk:
This is a stage3 feature. Previously not having a binding was an error, so there's no compat risk.

Firefox 58 Beta and Safari Tech Preview 37 ship this feature. Edge has not implemented this yet.

V8 tests as well as test262 tests pass.

Tracking bug:
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/v8/issues/detail?id=6889

Chromestatus entry:
https://www.chromestatus.com/features/5810795665424384

Adam Klein

Jan 18, 2018, 4:32:22 PM1/18/18
to v8-users, blink-dev
LGTM!

Note that this is a v8/JavaScript feature, so this is just an FYI for blink-dev at the moment.

Jochen Eisinger

Jan 26, 2018, 3:37:47 AM1/26/18
to Adam Klein, v8-users, blink-dev
I thought V8 wanted to use the blink process nowadays?

Adam Klein

Jan 26, 2018, 5:02:18 PM1/26/18
to Jochen Eisinger, Michael Hablich, v8-users, blink-dev
There's been discussion of doing that, but nothing official has changed (yet). +hablich, as I believe this is on his plate at the moment.