Intent to Ship: Unprefix flexbox

Christian Biesinger

Jun 12, 2013, 5:28:42 PM6/12/13
to blink-dev
Primary eng (and PM) emails: cbies...@chromium.org

Spec: http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-flexbox/

Summary
Unprefix all flexbox-related CSS properties (and the two display
values). The spec is stable at this point and Firefox implements it
also, unprefixed.

We will keep the -webkit- prefixed properties for backwards
compatibility with existing content, at least for now.

Link to “Intent to Implement” blink-dev discussion
n/a, predates blink

Is this feature supported on all five Blink platforms (Windows, Mac,
Linux, Chrome OS and Android)?
Yes

OWP launch tracking bug?
No launch tracking bug.
https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=249111 is the bug.

Row on feature dashboard?
Yes

-christian

Adam Barth

Jun 12, 2013, 6:02:09 PM6/12/13
to Christian Biesinger, blink-dev
It looks like the row on the feature dashboard is very green.

I'm curious, is there a W3C test suite?  If there is, how well does our implementation do on it?

Adam

Christian Biesinger

Jun 12, 2013, 6:08:43 PM6/12/13
to Adam Barth, blink-dev
There's no w3c test suite right now. There's submitted tests from
Opera and Mozilla, and we're doing mostly well on them -- we have bugs
with some edge cases that I'm actively working on fixing. But they're
all minor.

-christian

Ojan Vafai

Jun 12, 2013, 6:16:26 PM6/12/13
to Christian Biesinger, Adam Barth, blink-dev
LGTM

Adam Barth

Jun 12, 2013, 6:49:06 PM6/12/13
to Ojan Vafai, Christian Biesinger, blink-dev
LGTM2

Kenneth Rohde Christiansen

Jun 12, 2013, 7:15:41 PM6/12/13
to Adam Barth, Ojan Vafai, Christian Biesinger, blink-dev
Very cool news! LGTM3
--
Kenneth Rohde Christiansen
Senior Engineer, WebKit, Qt, EFL
Phone +45 4294 9458 / E-mail kenneth at webkit.org

﹆﹆﹆

Christian Biesinger

Jun 12, 2013, 7:26:40 PM6/12/13
to Kenneth Rohde Christiansen, Adam Barth, Ojan Vafai, blink-dev
Thanks! This is now waiting for review in
https://codereview.chromium.org/15758002/

-christian

TAMURA, Kent

Jun 13, 2013, 6:17:09 PM6/13/13
to Adam Barth, Ojan Vafai, Christian Biesinger, blink-dev
LGTM3

--
TAMURA Kent
Software Engineer, Google

Message has been deleted

itol...@gmail.com

Apr 21, 2014, 5:02:19 PM4/21/14
to blin...@chromium.org, Christian Biesinger, Adam Barth
What is exactly LGTM  ?

Also
Does this test well ?

http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

Karl

http://www.davidjang.org

PhistucK

Apr 22, 2014, 1:30:26 AM4/22/14
to itol...@gmail.com, blink-dev, Christian Biesinger, Adam Barth
LGTM is Look(s) Good To Me, which means the intent is approved (and flexbox has indeed shipped).

PhistucK