Intent to Shp: text-align-last

dw...@samsung.com

Jan 17, 2015, 1:16:08 AM1/17/15
to blin...@chromium.org
Contact emails

Spec

Summary
Currently in most of browsers, the last line would be aligned as 'start' when text-align is 'justify'.
If the last line is the first line of the block, also be aligned as 'start', not 'justify'.

This new CSS property could give chance to web developers can align the last line as they want - 'justify', or anything.

This property has been implemented in blink behind a runtime flag, CSS3_TEXT.

Is this feature supported on all six Blink platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome OS, Android, and Android WebView)?
Yes.

Demo link

Compatibility Risk
No. WebKit and Mozilla also trying to support this.

Link to entry on the feature dashboard

Jochen Eisinger

Jan 27, 2015, 5:48:32 AM1/27/15
to dw...@samsung.com, blin...@chromium.org
I guess the risk is rather low for this feature, so lgtm to ship

Philip Jägenstedt

Jan 27, 2015, 11:15:17 AM1/27/15
to Jochen Eisinger, Dongwoo Joshua Im, blink-dev
It seems like my email and Dongwoo's reply didn't make it to the
archives and list subscribers, so LGTM1/LGTM2 depending on frame of
reference:

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 9:19 AM, Dongwoo Joshua Im <dw...@samsung.com> wrote:

> Yes, this is only 'intent to ship' text-align-last property.
> Thanks for checking this.

Philip
> email to blink-dev+...@chromium.org.

Josh Matthews

Jan 27, 2015, 11:15:18 AM1/27/15
to Jochen Eisinger, dw...@samsung.com, blin...@chromium.org
Is this following the outdated spec at http://www.w3.org/TR/css-text-3/ as listed, or is it actually implementing the editor's draft at http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-text-3/ ? I noticed some differences between the two by searching for text-align-last.

Cheers,
Josh

Dongwoo Joshua Im

Jan 27, 2015, 11:15:23 AM1/27/15
to Philip Jägenstedt, blink-dev
Yes, this is only 'intent to ship' text-align-last property.
Thanks for checking this.

LGTM to ship text-align-last. text-justify is behind the same runtime flag (CSS3Text) but I presume it is not the intention to ship both.

I've verified that IE11 supports text-align-last, although seemingly only in combination with text-align:justify. The Blink implementation handled all combinations I could come up with, and it seems quite useful.

Philip

Philip Jägenstedt

Dimitri Glazkov

Jan 27, 2015, 11:28:46 AM1/27/15
to Dongwoo Joshua Im, Philip Jägenstedt, blink-dev
LGTM3.

Chris Harrelson

Jan 27, 2015, 12:27:28 PM1/27/15
to Dimitri Glazkov, Dongwoo Joshua Im, Philip Jägenstedt, blink-dev
Oops...

I had sent an LGTM also but accidentally left off blink-dev.

On Tue Jan 27 2015 at 8:28:43 AM Dimitri Glazkov <dgla...@chromium.org> wrote:
LGTM3.

Timothy Loh

Sep 17, 2015, 4:08:46 AM9/17/15
to Chris Harrelson, Dimitri Glazkov, Dongwoo Joshua Im, Philip Jägenstedt, blink-dev
Any update here? It looks like text-align-last hasn't been shipped yet.

Dongwoo Joshua Im

Sep 18, 2015, 4:25:01 AM9/18/15
to Koji Ishii, Timothy Loh, Chris Harrelson, Dimitri Glazkov, Philip Jägenstedt, blink-dev

Oh, I missed the previous email.

A patch for it is there for long time - https://codereview.chromium.org/873963002/

I will try to make it landed soon.

Thanks.

May 31, 2016, 6:02:52 PM5/31/16
to blink-dev
Hi.what can me getting support and help me for your.tank.thereto

一丝

May 31, 2016, 11:20:33 PM5/31/16
to blink-dev, dw...@samsung.com
Mozilla49 Unprefix