Renaming LayoutStyle (formerly RenderStyle) to ComputedStyle

Douglas Stockwell

Mar 24, 2015, 7:24:24 PM3/24/15
to blink-dev
As part of the render to layout rename, RenderStyle was renamed to LayoutStyle. This name is unfortunate as the instances contain more than just layout information.

After talking with several people who work in style we've come to the conclusion that ComputedStyle is a more appropriate name. Unless there is further bikeshedding or concerns I'll go ahead with another rename.

- Doug

Emil A Eklund

Mar 24, 2015, 7:25:55 PM3/24/15
to Douglas Stockwell, blink-dev
SGTM

Elliott Sprehn

Mar 24, 2015, 7:26:10 PM3/24/15
to Douglas Stockwell, blink-dev
+1

Levi Weintraub

Mar 24, 2015, 7:32:40 PM3/24/15
to Elliott Sprehn, Douglas Stockwell, blink-dev
I like it. Can you make it papayawhip?

Christian Biesinger

Mar 24, 2015, 7:34:14 PM3/24/15
to Douglas Stockwell, blink-dev
That's so much clearer!

-christian

Chris Harrelson

Mar 24, 2015, 7:51:53 PM3/24/15
to Christian Biesinger, Douglas Stockwell, blink-dev
Nice.

Kouhei Ueno

Mar 24, 2015, 11:29:41 PM3/24/15
to Chris Harrelson, Christian Biesinger, Douglas Stockwell, blink-dev
+1
Wow. So much understandable!
--
Kouhei Ueno

Julien Chaffraix

Mar 26, 2015, 7:35:16 PM3/26/15
to Kouhei Ueno, Chris Harrelson, Christian Biesinger, Douglas Stockwell, blink-dev

The renaming makes sense. Thanks for following up on that.

We could also use this opportunity to move the class to a better
location: layout/style doesn't seem like the good home for
ComputedStyle. css/style/ would work or just style/. I have a slight
preference for style/ but either directories can be argued reasonably.

And if we want to stretch the change even further, we could add a
class comment about what it does for good measure.

Julien