Is android_webview multiprocess?

François Doray

Jun 1, 2017, 9:11:56 AM6/1/17
to android-w...@chromium.org
The traces obtained on this dashboard [1] show android_webview running in a single process. Do all/some users run android_webview in a single process?

The perf regression is likely due to the fact that the renderer is inside the browser process. I could fix it, but I want to make sure that users actually hit this scenario.

Thanks!

[1] Click on the perf regression on the graph. Then, in the popup, click on the "Trace" link. Observe the "Chrome_InProcRendererThread".

Toby Sargeant

Jun 1, 2017, 9:14:43 AM6/1/17
to François Doray, android-webview-dev
Multiprocess became the default in Android O. It was a developer setting in N (defaulting to off), and before that it was not supported. Thus, the vast majority of all devices use a single process webview.

Toby.

François Doray

Toby Sargeant

François Doray