Chandra Digest (January 31) Quasar Survey

CXC

Jan 31, 2019, 1:38:10 PM1/31/19
to chandr...@cfa.harvard.edu
-- Thursday, January 31, 2019  ---

===================================
**  Quasar Survey : Astronomers Find Dark Energy May Vary Over Time
About 1,600 rapidly growing black holes located up to 12.7 billion light years from Earth
Read the article and rate the image:
http://chandra.si.edu/photo/2019/dark/

===================================

**Chandra Press: Astronomers Find Dark Energy May Vary Over Time
Astronomers have found evidence that an invisible force called dark energy, widely thought to be constant, may be getting stronger with time.
http://chandra.si.edu/press/19_releases/press_012919.html

**Chandra Blog:  Cosmology with Quasars
We are pleased to welcome Guido Risaliti as our guest blogger. Guido is the first author of a paper that is the subject of our latest press release.
http://chandra.si.edu/blog/node/711

**Chandra Blog:  The Whirlpool Galaxy Like You’ve Never Seen It Before
NASA's Universe of Learning, or UoL, provides resources and experiences that enable youth, families, and lifelong learners to explore fundamental questions in science, experience how science is done, and discover the Universe for themselves.
http://chandra.si.edu/blog/node/710

**Chandra Resources: National Science Olympiad Webinar: Astronomy Event Supervisor 2019
This presentation provides state directors and Astronomy event supervisors with information about resources and logistics to consider for designing, developing and running an invitational, regional and/or state Astronomy Event.

**Chandra Resources: M51 visualization
The Whirlpool Galaxy is a magnificent spiral galaxy that has been studied across the spectrum by NASA's Great Observatories. This remarkable video uses two dimensional images and three dimensional visualizations to contrast and compare the different views of infrared (Spitzer Space Telescope), visible (Hubble Space Telescope), and X-ray (Chandra X-ray Observatory) observations.