Chandra Digest (April 20) Black Hole Survey

CXC

Apr 20, 2022, 12:44:04 PM4/20/22
to chandr...@cfa.harvard.edu
--- Wednesday, April 20, 2022  ---
===================================

** Black Hole Survey: Black Holes Raze Thousands of Stars to Fuel Growth
Four galaxies with dense, central star clusters located 18-62 million light years from Earth.
Read the article and rate the image at:

===================================

**Chandra Press:  Black Holes Raze Thousands of Stars to Fuel Growth
In some of the most crowded parts of the universe, black holes may be tearing apart thousands of stars and using their remains to pack on weight. This discovery, made with NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory, could help answer key questions about an elusive class of black holes.

**Chandra Blog:  Exploring New Pathways for Massive Black Hole Formation with Chandra
We are happy to welcome Vivienne Baldassare as our guest blogger.

**Chandra Video Series:  Feasting Black Holes Caught in Galactic Spiderweb
Data from Chandra reveal feasting and growing black holes throughout the cosmic web that surrounds a central galaxy.

**Chandra Resources: Visual Descriptions
Narrated audio files of the visual descriptions of recent Chandra images released.

**Chandra Resources: A Universe of Sound
Sonification is the process that translates data into sound. Our new project brings parts of our Milky Way galaxy, and of the greater Universe beyond it, to listeners for the first time.