Chandra Digest (October 16) Quasar Survey

CXC

Oct 16, 2020, 12:16:16 PM10/16/20
to chandr...@cfa.harvard.edu
--- Friday, October 16, 2020  ---
===================================

** Quasar Survey: The Recipe for Powerful Quasar Jets
Over 700 supermassive black holes at a range of distances.
Read the article and rate the image at:

**Chandra Press Room:  The Recipe for Powerful Quasar Jets
Some supermassive black holes launch powerful beams of material, or jets, away from them, while others do not. Astronomers may now have identified why.
https://chandra.si.edu/press/20_releases/press_101420.html

**Chandra Blog: The Symbiosis of Powerful Quasar Jets and Their Bright Coronas
Shifu Zhu, a 5th-year graduate student of Astronomy & Astrophysics at Pennsylvania State University, is our guest blogger for this post.

**Chandra Blog: The Nobel-Winning Black Hole
The winners of the 2020 Nobel Prize in Physics were announced this week: a trio of astrophysicists won for their work — both theoretical and observational — of black holes.

**Chandra Resources: Tactile Universe
The 3D modeling and printing of objects in our Universe offer unique tools to understanding scientific data.