Chandra Announcement: 25 Years of Chandra Science Symposium - Second Announcement

Tingle, Evan

Jun 6, 2024, 3:49:52 PMJun 6
to chandra-...@cfa.harvard.edu

The Chandra X-ray Center's second announcement of the

25 Years of Chandra Science Symposium

December 3—6, 2024

Boston, MA, USA

cxc.harvard.edu/cdo/symposium_2024

New in Second Announcement:

Registration and Abstract Submission Open!

We announce the opening of registration and abstract submission for the 25 Years of Chandra Symposium. Abstract submission will remain open until August 11, 2024, and regular registration until October 25, 2024.

We welcome conference attendees to submit their abstracts through the symposium website : https://cxc.harvard.edu/cdo/symposium_2024/abstsub.html.

Please register for the meeting at the following link : https://cxc.harvard.edu/cdo/symposium_2024/registration.html

Venue and Room Reservation

Revere Hotel Boston Common

200 Stuart St

Boston, MA 02116

United States of America

We have reserved a block of rooms on a first-come, first-served basis for the conference at the Revere hotel. These rooms are priced at an attractive starting rate of $169 per night for the Boston area. Please check the logistics section of the symposium website for information on how to  proceed with hotel booking.

Included in First Announcement:

Background and Scientific Rationale

This year we celebrate the twenty-fifth anniversary of the launch of the Chandra X-ray Observatory and the two and a half decades of science that have ensued. Chandra has been revolutionary for astronomy with its unprecedented and unparalleled sub-arcsecond angular resolution, its superb sensitivity to faint sources, and its high-resolution spectroscopy. This symposium will highlight and celebrate the discoveries made by Chandra, the unique capabilities of the mission, and the potential discoveries still remaining. Sessions topics will include:

  • X-ray diagnostics of cosmic evolution

  • The X-ray view of stellar evolution

  • Exploring the cosmos with sky surveys, with a focus on the Chandra Source Catalog

  • The sub-arcsecond revolution in X-ray astronomy

  • Chandra synergies with current and future multi-wavelength missions

  • Breakthroughs in time domain and multi-messenger astrophysics

Important Dates

2024-06-06   Opening of Abstract Submission

2024-08-11   Abstract Submission Deadline

2024-09-13   Speakers Notified

2024-09-20   Program Release

2024-10-25   Regular Registration Deadline
2024-11-08   Late Registration and Poster Submission Deadline

2024-12-03   Start of Symposium

Scientific Organizing Committee

Amruta Jaodand (Co-Chair)
SAO/CXC